We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Potentially stupid question - spiders at Verana

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
London
Level Contributor
59 posts
17 reviews
Save Topic
Potentially stupid question - spiders at Verana

Potentially a bit of a stupid question with a very obvious answer. I'm very keen to go to Verana or part of my honeymoon but having studiously read the reviews I am now a little concerned about spiders! I'm not really scared of any other bugs, and scorpians will be fine, but I am a real arachnophobe! If I see a spider in my bedroom here in England I have to keep the light on!

Can anyone advise on what sort of spiders I am likely to encounter - will they be mainly small or of the big fat variety. Do they have tarantulas? I don't really want to let a silly, girlish fear ruin a potentially amazing holiday but I suppose I need to be prepared.

Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
29 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Potentially stupid question - spiders at Verana

You should hope that you are lucky enough to see the beautiful golden silk spider while you are there.

like the name their web is gold colored and their web is so strong it's one of the strongest materials in the world. AND... they are completely harmless.

I highly doubt that you will see tarantula's.. they don't like you as much as you like them.. all spiders are like that.

you are in the rainforest when you stay in Yelapa... there will be creepy crawlies.

London
Level Contributor
59 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Potentially stupid question - spiders at Verana

Hmm... Maybe not then.

Thanks for your reply

Puerto Vallarta...
Level Contributor
12,606 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Potentially stupid question - spiders at Verana

We have a cabin north of Vallarta and periodically I find very large spiders. Supposedly they are harmless, but they are very large indeed.

I'm not sure Verana is the best place for you quite frankly. They will do what they can but, as was pointed out, its charm is its proximity to the jungle and its openness. Perhaps a day trip might be better :)

Yelapa
Level Contributor
6 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Potentially stupid question - spiders at Verana

Verana's staff keeps their rooms very insect free...I would not worry about a stay at Verana , due to spiders.

5. Re: Potentially stupid question - spiders at Verana

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:16 am, April 25, 2010
Get answers to your questions about Yelapa