We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

casa de los arcos

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
jayess
Level Contributor
149 posts
Save Topic
casa de los arcos

has anyone stayed, and with day trips, hanging out and local activites is 8 days to long to stay

Detroit
Level Contributor
67 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: casa de los arcos

The Casa de los Arcos in Yelapa is a wonderful 3 bedroom and two bathroom house. The third bedroom is actually out on the open porch. This place is spectacular and would highly recommend it. The views are incredible and the Garcia family is lovely. Luis Garcia can help you with all excursions. We stayed for a week and never went snorkeling because we ran out of time. We were so in awe of Yelapa and exploring each corner we forgot. It is my excuse for needing to go back. I heard from others that the snorkeling and fishing trips are great. Also check out the website for the other Garcia family rentals. We peeked into some of them while there and are all similiar in cleanliness and are centrally located to the town and beach. If you do not need the large space of the house I would recommend the apartments on their site. www.casasyelapa.com

Good Luck!

Angie

Irvine, California
3 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: casa de los arcos

I stayed here for one week. I agree with the previous poster that the house is beautiful and clean. It is in a good location between the beach and the town. However, I had some issues with the house:

1) It is advertised as a "house" or "villa." This is not true. It is really more of a condo or apartment, as there are two homes directly above, which brings me to my next issue:

2) There is a rather large and active family living directly above. During the week I was there, they had several parties, one with amplified music and singing, that lasted into the early morning hours. During the day, virtually every sound they made resonated into the bottom apartment because the floors are all tile. One day, a little boy found a whistle and continued to blow it for 6 or 7 hours. I used to live in NY and next to a Frat house for two years. I'm not overly sensitive to noise. I also don't think that the world should stop because I'm on vacation. I just think the fact there there are families living above should be clearly disclosed so that people aren't mislead.

Atlanta, GA
Level Contributor
1 post
4 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: casa de los arcos

Hola Amigos,

Let me introduce myself, my name is David Lord and I own Casa de los Arcos. I do wish you had left your name so I could apologize for all the problems you seem to have had.

This is my personal home and I have always thought of it as a home and not a condo although I can see your point. Also, In the four years I have lived there I have virtually never had a problem with noise from upstairs. They do occasionally have a large dinner party but I guess I am always there so I don't worry about the noise. Only Mr and Mrs Garcia live there and they are very quiet. I guess you had the misfortune of an unusually disappointing week. Remember nothing can be done about a problem that they don't know about.

Thanks for your time.

David www.CasasYelapa.com

4. Re: casa de los arcos

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 3:17 am, September 28, 2009
Get answers to your questions about Yelapa