We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Yelapa water taxi

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
NOR CAL
9 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Yelapa water taxi

I am going to PV for my 3rd time this May. We are thinking about going to Yelapa for a day trip. I will be traveling with small kids. Any advise? Is the water taxi safe? I heard that it could be quit rough and difficult to get out of the boat, true?

Minneapolis
Level Contributor
182 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Yelapa water taxi

We have taken the water taxi to Yelapa several times. Is it sometimes a little difficult to get off the boat? Sure, depending on weather conditions. My advice is to wear shorts & water-proof shoes & follow the instructions of the water taxi staff. You'll be fine.

San Francisco...
Level Contributor
3 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Yelapa water taxi

Your kids (and you) will love the water taxi to Yelapa! If you are lucky, you will see whales and dolphins along the way. The only worry you will have is your kids getting hold of the tequila bottle the captain passes around on the later afternoon runs.

Don't waste your money buying advance tickets from people selling them on or near Los Muertos Pier. They will charge a commission and try to sell you a round trip ticket. There are several water taxis and they do not honor each other's return tickets. The fare is $10 if you pay the captain directly, $12.50 if you get it from someone else.

3. Re: Yelapa water taxi

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10:18 pm, September 19, 2009
Get answers to your questions about Yelapa