We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hilton ~ North Terminal!

Edinburgh, United...
Level Contributor
698 posts
21 reviews
Save Topic
Hilton ~ North Terminal!

I think I have made a mistake but I can't resolve it as I have paid up front for a quad room at Hilton Gatwick.

We fly from the North Terminal so I can presume that I have booked the wrong hotel? How long does it take to reach the North Terminal ~ we have to be there at 8am?

Thank you ~ having a panic...the reviews are also terrible!

UK
Level Contributor
49,560 posts
92 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Hilton ~ North Terminal!

No need at all to panic.

Depending when you are going, currently there is a frequent (every few minutes) free coach service that takes 5 minutes. From sometime in July that will revert back to an even more frequent, free automated train service. Add an extra 15 minutes now, or just 10 when the shuttle is working again.

FWIW I've stayed in that Hilton maybe 6 or 7 times, and will be there again next week, it seems fine to me. There are a couple of bad reviews, but nothing catastrophic.

You might also want to check if your airline offers afternoon/evening checkin, a real stress saver for the following mornings.

Brighton, United...
Destination Expert
for Brighton
Level Contributor
4,487 posts
74 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Hilton ~ North Terminal!

completely agree with Joe!....and how bizarre you posted this on the Lowfield Heath forum! (where the Gatwick Travelodge IS, but the Hilton, isn't...:) )

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lowfield_Heath

Edited: 3:47 am, June 01, 2010
UK
Level Contributor
49,560 posts
92 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Hilton ~ North Terminal!

<<how bizarre you posted this on the Lowfield Heath forum>>

I thought that but The Hilton is categorized as being there by TA, even though most would think it would be under Gatwick, TA puts it here, so its perfectly logical

United Kingdom (UK) > England > West Sussex > Lowfield Heath > Lowfield Heath hotels

Edinburgh, United...
Level Contributor
698 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Hilton ~ North Terminal!

Sorry I posted it on the wrong forum............!! As far as I could see, the Hilton should have been under the Lowfield Heath though...but, never mind, and thank you very much both of you for very quick help!

Don't suppose you can advise on anything to do with two teenagers all afternoon lol!!

Brighton, United...
Destination Expert
for Brighton
Level Contributor
4,487 posts
74 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Hilton ~ North Terminal!

yeah maybe, most tend to use the Crawley forum if you look at the posts there. Would've thought that Gatwick and Heathrow have enough justification for their own forums.

Edited: 4:00 am, June 01, 2010
Brighton, United...
Destination Expert
for Brighton
Level Contributor
4,487 posts
74 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Hilton ~ North Terminal!

Crawley Leisure Park is a short taxi ride away, movies, bowling, and junk food...

Edinburgh, United...
Level Contributor
698 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Hilton ~ North Terminal!

Think we'll give it a miss then thanks......

Yes ~ I tried to look for a Gatwick forum, oh well! Thank you for your replies...

Brighton, United...
Destination Expert
for Brighton
Level Contributor
4,487 posts
74 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Hilton ~ North Terminal!

doesn't the Hilton have a Pool and spa tho?

Edinburgh, United...
Level Contributor
698 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Hilton ~ North Terminal!

No pool sadly....just a gym!

10. Re: Hilton ~ North Terminal!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:24 am, November 29, 2010
Get answers to your questions about Lowfield Heath