We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Need info on Market Bosworth

Level Contributor
24 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
Need info on Market Bosworth

Will be in Market Bosworth in Oct. Does anyone know how close it is to Belton or Oakham ? Does the train go to this area ? or would you recommend renting a car ? I am from the US and know nothing of the area so any advice you can give me would be a great help ! Thanks, Lynda

37 replies to this topic
Bromley, United...
6 posts
Save Reply
31. Re: Need info on Market Bosworth

Hello, we are staying at the Bosworth Hall hotel in a few weeks. Can anyone tell me how far Warwick Castle is from there?

Market Bosworth...
Level Contributor
1,740 posts
225 reviews
Save Reply
32. Re: Need info on Market Bosworth

Depending on the time of day it will take you about 45 minutes an hour possibly

Bromley, United...
6 posts
Save Reply
33. Re: Need info on Market Bosworth

thank you, very helpful!

Market Bosworth...
Level Contributor
1,740 posts
225 reviews
Save Reply
34. Re: Need info on Market Bosworth

Welcome :-)

Level Contributor
24 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
35. Re: Need info on Market Bosworth

I believe it is about 50 mins and 30 -40 miles. Check mapquest it give 3 different route suggestions. While you are in Market Bosworth you should check out the Ye Olde Red Lion Pub...we had a ball there.

Bromley, United...
6 posts
Save Reply
36. Re: Need info on Market Bosworth

thank you. Especially about the pub - nice to know there's somewhere to go with atmosphere!

Market Bosworth...
Level Contributor
1,740 posts
225 reviews
Save Reply
37. Re: Need info on Market Bosworth

If you walk from your hotel to the Church which is in the grounds there is a gate that leads out of the Church and down a little road into town, turn left at the bottom of that roand and the Red Lion is a few paces up on the left.

We got married at the Church and had our reception at Bosworth Hall and met with friends and family at the Red Lion the night before for dinner then those of us staying at the Hall walked back to and from the hall that exact route.

Reply to: Need info on Market Bosworth
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Market Bosworth