We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Wasps at slton towers

Level Contributor
4 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
Wasps at slton towers

Hi, im going to alton towers 1st & 2nd september, and i love it there but have a massive massive wasp fobia. I no the wasps are a big problem, could anybody tell me what time of year they are the worst? And if its bad then? Thanks

Stafford, United...
Destination Expert
for Staffordshire
Level Contributor
4,997 posts
180 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: Wasps at slton towers

We are 20 miles away from Alton Towers and have only had the odd wasp around, but when son went to Alton Towers the other day he said there were absolutely loads there so looks like they have a problem with quite a few nests around the park. (He didn't see any when he went a few weeks ago in the warmer weather though)

He says there are lots of bushes by the queues with wasps around them and especially lots of wasps around ' X-Sector' and 'The Dark Forest'. He didn't get stung but said they were a real nuisance.

Says they were more of a nuisance in the morning than the afternoon . Not a nuisance when higher up , which was a good job as he got stuck hanging upside down on 'Air' when it broke down for about 5 mins lol (they had been joking about 'what happens if it breaks down' when it started making clunking noises and then it came to a halt........... A few hysterical people behind them! )

Hope you have a great time and enjoy your day :)

Level Contributor
4 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: Wasps at slton towers

Hey everyone thankyou for letting me no, yea i will deffo try that oil, thankyou :). Suppose ill have to just see what happens. Its already booked as were staying over for my partners birthday but will take on board all your advice. Hopefully we wont be breaking down whilst there :) xx

Sheffield, United...
Level Contributor
1 post
11 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: Wasps at slton towers

I have been to Alton Towers today and there was a wasp problem. In the queues for the rides annoying everyone and even one came near me when I was buckled in for a ride! Saw lots of annoyed people who were also wafting them away today. I don't mind them, its an observation about Alton Towers today.

14. Re: Wasps at slton towers

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 8:15 pm, October 10, 2014
Get answers to your questions about Alton
Recent Conversations