We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Alton towers visit 2013

Lisburn, United...
Level Contributor
1,641 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Alton towers visit 2013

Hi, would anyone know roughly how busy alton towers will be the first monday in july (1st july 2013) i know english schools would be out yet, but still unsure how busy the park will actually be.

Also if i order fast track passes online do they send them through the post, or do i collect at the gate on the day?

16 replies to this topic
2 posts
Save Reply
11. Re: Alton towers visit 2013

Ok are the school off and in half term then

Staffordshire...
Destination Expert
for Staffordshire
Level Contributor
16,789 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: Alton towers visit 2013

It's half term this week. To the best of my knowledge schools then break up mid to end of July depending on the school.

1 post
Save Reply
13. Re: Alton towers visit 2013

schools normally wait around and always check if all the students are present so you don't get on a lot of rides but when you're with your friends or by your self you can get on a lots of rides

Norwich, United...
1 post
2 reviews
Save Reply
14. Re: Alton towers visit 2013

Hello,

I am visiting Alton Towers on Wednesday 11th June with the Sun 2 free tickets, do you think this day will be busy?

Deciding whether to get fast track tickets or not.

Thanks!!!

Staffordshire...
Destination Expert
for Staffordshire
Level Contributor
16,789 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
15. Re: Alton towers visit 2013

It's a guessing game. Nobody knows just how busy they'll be or how long you'll have to wait for a ride. If you want to guarantee sampling a fair percentage of the rides then I'd get fast track tickets.

Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
37 posts
301 reviews
Save Reply
16. Re: Alton towers visit 2013

You could see what the park is like when you arrive, then upgrade or not depending upon the volume of people. I would also advise visiting guest services and getting a parent pass/ swap card if you children are under 1.40 you get to use the fast pass lane with the return trip on this card.

And I agree they should follow the Disney model, more people would spend more if they were not stuck in lines for hours upon end.

Reply to: Alton towers visit 2013
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Alton