We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

The old post office in Knockin, Oswestry (The Knockin Shop)

Which Oswestry hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
stoke on trent
Level Contributor
2 posts
34 reviews
Save Topic
The old post office in Knockin, Oswestry (The Knockin Shop)

For some reason I cannot add this cafe to the listings so I will post on here instead.

Be warned, do not buy any hot food from this cafe.

The cafe is basically a poorly stocked village shop that also sells hot and cold food that can be eaten at tables outside the shop.

I was driving past last week and stopped off and bought a hot sausage roll and a coffee. The coffee is basically instant coffee served in a cardboard McDonalds type cup which was expensive but just drinkable. However the sausage roll was the worst thing I have ever eaten. It had obviously been in the hot cabinet for many days. I took a bite and instantly all the moisture in my mouth was sucked dry. It was like having a mouth full of tissue paper. The "sausage" was rock hard and the remaining pastry disintegrated into a thousand crumbs. Unfortunately i was driving at the time so I just had to stop the car, get out and try to spit out the offending item and brush off the crumbs.

Be warned do not eat from this shop.

2 replies to this topic
France
Level Contributor
685 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: The old post office in Knockin, Oswestry (The Knockin Shop)

You shouldn't have been driving and eating at the same time - it's illegal!

1 post
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: The old post office in Knockin, Oswestry (The Knockin Shop)

My experience of The Knocking Shop is completely the opposite. The staff are fantastic and increasingly helpful.

The shop is stocked with what you would expect to find at a village post office with the exception of also serving food and drink that you can have sitting outside. The coffee may not be costa but it didn't cost a lot and was most refreshing.

I feel it necessary to post this as the previous comment is very harsh and unjustified for a small but charming establishment.

Reply to: The old post office in Knockin, Oswestry (The Knockin Shop)
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Oswestry