We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Best way to get to Alnmouth - via Edinburgh or Newcastle?

Which Alnwick hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Adelaide
Level Contributor
102 posts
13 reviews
Save Topic
Best way to get to Alnmouth - via Edinburgh or Newcastle?

I'll be travelling to Alnwick on the last Sunday of June (after a full day tour on London) on an afternoon flight via British Airways. Since its my first time in that area andI'll be travelling alone, I want to reach my accomodation before it gets late.

I would need your advise whats the quickest way (and also cheapest) to get to Alnmouth. My two options are either Edinburgh or Newcastle on Thyne. Although I know Newcastle is nearer, i read somewhere that i would need to take a bus just to reach the rail station. I hope Im wrong since this is what makes me wary of landing to Newcastle.

Also, i would probably need to check next month (i hope) the available time of the train so I can time it well for my flight. Or is there a possible way for me to know the time?

Many thanks in advance for your replies.

Redlands, California
Level Contributor
5,172 posts
46 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: Best way to get to Alnmouth - via Edinburgh or Newcastle?

Remember that cheaper rail fares aren't released until about 12 weeks ahead, I believe, and the savings can be huge. You might try looking at fares for 12 weeks from now to get an idea. If you can get a reasonable ticket I think the train to Alnmouth would probably be easier and less hassle.

12. Re: Best way to get to Alnmouth - via Edinburgh or Newcastle?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:20 am, July 13, 2010