We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hop Farm

NJ
Level Contributor
53 posts
22 reviews
Save Topic
Hop Farm

We went to Hop Farm in 2011 and had a good time. We came out from London for Saturday. Getting back was a near disaster as Victoria Station was closing just as we got there. We almost got locked in. Then once we got out, we realized the Tube was closed as well. Getting a taxi took us over an hour as none were available and we were not familiar with which buses to get back to our hotel in Kensington. Our fault for not planning it all out better.

It seems like we'd have to rent a car, but I'd rather not get involved with learning all that and the traffic at Hop Farm. I know we can camp or stay in a Tee Pee, but we are not willing to do any of those. I was looking places to stay, but they all seem far away from the train station and probably not walkable at near midnight.

10 replies to this topic
london
Level Contributor
2,153 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Hop Farm

sorry, I'm not sure what your question is

Edited: 12:34 pm, July 18, 2012
Albufeira, Portugal
Destination Expert
for Algarve, Faro
Level Contributor
50,750 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Hop Farm

Me neither! I used to live nearby, so how can we help?

London, United...
Level Contributor
1,334 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Hop Farm

The station nearest to the Hop Farm is Paddock Wood, which I am quite sure is not served by trains to Victoria. And I'm not sure why anyone would be there at midnight. That makes three of us who are very confused!

Rye, United Kingdom
Destination Expert
for Dover, Rye
Level Contributor
6,225 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Hop Farm

How I read this post is that it's a kind of report and that he OP had trouble getting home and didn't plan it very well, so offering advice so others can learn :)

I've been to Hop Farm, but I went when they had a country show on and enjoyed it very much, but anyway.

Albufeira, Portugal
Destination Expert
for Algarve, Faro
Level Contributor
50,750 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Hop Farm

Still struggling to figure out how someone ended up at Victoria when the trains from Paddock Wood normally go to London Bridge, Waterloo and Charing Cross. Victoria main line station is open all night anyway for the Gatwick Airport trains.

Oh well!

Edited: 2:10 am, July 19, 2012
Rye, United Kingdom
Destination Expert
for Dover, Rye
Level Contributor
6,225 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Hop Farm

I'm not to sure about the train issue to be honest, as I don't really know the trains from that area :)

London, United...
Level Contributor
1,334 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Hop Farm

How about Paddock Wood to Strood via Maidstone West and then Ramsgate/Dover service to Victoria?

Level Contributor
334 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Hop Farm

Maybe the OP is talking about the Hop Farm Music Festival - in which case they probably would be there at midnight . . ?

When the festival is on there are shuttle buses running from Paddock Wood station until way past midnight. Not quite sure why Victoria station though ? Mainline trains run to Charring Cross (via Waterloo East & London Bridge) or Cannon Street. If staying in the Victoria area best to get a tube or bus from one of these stations.

If camping at the festival doesn't appeal there is a Premier Inn in Tonbridge, easy enough to get back to from Paddock Wood.

This years festival been & gone now but Hop Farm open for many day time & evening events.

Kent
Level Contributor
46 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Hop Farm

They may have gone at the weekend and ther e is often engneering works. Personally getting back from the Hop Farm, at a Festival is pretty awful for everyone generally. I recomend finding a cheap B & B in Paddock Wood and booking a licensed taxi in advance (take several numbers with you), and a map and torch if you end up walking, or camp there if you can hack it. . If you take a bike, it may get stolen. I would safe using public transport for the next day. I heard about too many people getting stranded at Tonbridge Station because it closed. Rather pay a little extra and have better memories.

NJ
Level Contributor
53 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Hop Farm

ok thanks, we'll take a look.

Reply to: Hop Farm
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted