We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

special diets ( cafe /restaurant )

Pattaya, Thailand
4 posts
Save Topic
special diets ( cafe /restaurant )

I am taking my grandson on a day trip to Ryde, but as he has a nut allergy ,I can just see us going on a round trip to find somewhere suitable to eat, we could just take a packed lunch etc ,but as he is a teenager I wanted to make it a bit more grown up for him to eat out for a change.

Can anyone help with this problem?

3 replies to this topic
Isle Of Wight
Destination Expert
for Isle of Wight, Sitges
Level Contributor
4,184 posts
275 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: special diets ( cafe /restaurant )

Firstly I assume your grandson caries an Epi-pen just in case he has the misfortune to eat the wrong food. I'm sure he knows to avoid oil cooked foods, in case groundnut oil is used. I would go to somewhere that does good food simply cooked- maybe Three Buoys ? Avoiding nuts will be a lot easier in Ryde than it is in Pattaya.

Hua hin
1 post
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: special diets ( cafe /restaurant )

Yes he does carry a Epi-pen and knows all the pit falls his allergy can present him with , he just doesn't get to eat out often as he has slight learning difficulties and the bother it causes to the family they just eat somewhere local or take their own.

As I am the one to take him to the Isle of Wight I wanted to make it easy on my self if I knew of somewhere that would be switched on to this kind of thing.

Yes it certainly would be easier for him to eat on the island than Thailand , he has never been there because of this.

Will have a look at your suggestion the Three Buoys ,thanks for your reply.

Canada
Level Contributor
5,158 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: special diets ( cafe /restaurant )

My daughter has an allergy to three tree nuts...Cashews, pistachios and chestnuts.

The only places she has been exposed to these are in "ethnic" restaurants - Thai, Indian, Greek in particular - all of whom are pretty lavish in the use of those nuts.

I think if you go anywhere you just have to look at the menu carefully and notify the staff so as to avoid cross-contamination. Its going to be difficult to find anywhere that caters to particular allergies etc .

Reply to: special diets ( cafe /restaurant )
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Ryde