We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Water taxis from Cowes to IOW festival

London
Level Contributor
60 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
Water taxis from Cowes to IOW festival

Hello, We are staying in West Cowes to attend the IOW festival, does anyone know how the water taxis work getting to and from the festival site? Just trying to gauge how feasible this is versus taking buses? Do they need to be pre-booked etc.? I would appreciate any views you might have on costs and convenience. Cheers. Pete

5 replies to this topic
Isle Of Wight
Destination Expert
for Isle of Wight, Sitges
Level Contributor
3,891 posts
267 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Water taxis from Cowes to IOW festival

I'd ask on the official Isle of Wight Festival forum.

I know that the water taxi drops you at Island Harbour. You may find it easier to travel back and forth by bus, purchase a 7 day freedom pass. Bus passes are valid on both service and dedicated festival buses.

www.islandbuses.info

Isle of Wight
Level Contributor
206 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Water taxis from Cowes to IOW festival

Could be wrong but i dont think that the Cowes water taxis go down river that far . .

Isle Of Wight
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
3,891 posts
267 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Water taxis from Cowes to IOW festival

Just checked.

River Shuttles

River Shuttle Service which operates from the Town Quay Cowes (Red Jet Terminal) and Grid Iron at East Cowes (Car Ferry Terminal) to Island Harbour (850 yards from the campsite entrance). The journey by water takes just 20 minutes and return tickets are available from Red Funnel website:-

www.redfunnel.co.uk

Edited: 6:38 pm, June 11, 2013
London
Level Contributor
60 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Water taxis from Cowes to IOW festival

Thanks for the replies. Sounds like it might be a nicer way to travel (cost dependant) than the bus. It will be interesting to see what its like getting home when the crowds are leaving.

Cheers

Pete

Isle Of Wight
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
3,891 posts
267 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Water taxis from Cowes to IOW festival

Nice way to travel but a long walk to the main arena! As you say it may be a bit of a problem getting back at the end of the evening. Check to see what time the last one is before committing yourself.

The bus will drop you approx 850m closer.

Edited: 5:30 am, June 12, 2013
Reply to: Water taxis from Cowes to IOW festival
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Cowes