We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Travel

Eye, United Kingdom
3 posts
Save Topic
Travel

Distance from and name of nearest train station

5 replies to this topic
Eye, United Kingdom
3 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Travel

Distance from and name of nearest train station to Fakenham, any suggestions?

London
Destination Expert
for London
Level Contributor
20,047 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Travel

The nearest station geographically is probably Sheringham. However it is probably easier and quicker to get a bus to Fakenham from Norwich or Kings Lynn.

http://www.norfolkgreen.co.uk/

There is also a direct coach once a day from London Victoria and Stratford direct to Fakenham.

www.nationalexpress.com

Eye, United Kingdom
3 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Travel

Thank you, as I feared nothing close by.

england
Level Contributor
5,438 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Travel

The nearest station to Fakenham would be Kings Lynn (approx 20 miles). there are regular buses from Kings Lynn to Fakenham.

If you are coming from Eye near Peterborough by train this would need one change at Ely.

middle england
Destination Expert
for Leicestershire, Norfolk
Level Contributor
3,513 posts
58 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Travel

Sheringham is actually the closest by a couple of miles, but I can't imagine it ever being the best bet. King's Lynn is next nearest and Norwich is a further 4 miles. In all but a few cases, King's Lynn would be the best choice, bus service X8 runs from King's Lynn to Fakenham hourly throughout the day and calls at the rail station.

If you are travelling from Eye then the train is a fairly bad choice, because you would have to travel via Ely and change trains there. Far better in my opinion is to take the X1 bus from Peterborough to King's Lynn which runs every 30 minutes throughout the day and picks up at the rail station. There may be of course bus stops much closer to Eye since the bus goes along the A47.

Reply to: Travel
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Fakenham
Recent Conversations