We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Is there anywhere in Longyearbyen to do laundry?

In cooperation with: Visit Norway
Which Longyearbyen hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Woodside, CA
Level Contributor
1 post
11 reviews
Save Topic
Is there anywhere in Longyearbyen to do laundry?

Does anyone know if there is a SELF-SERVE place to do laundry in Longyearbyen? People I've asked in town say that it is only available at the hotels, but the prices at both the Radisson Blu and the Spitsbergen hotel are totally out of control - 150K (25USD) per shirt, 60K (10USD) per pair of underwear. That would be fine if you only needed a piece or two washed, but if you need to do a load before departing on a long trip...it looks like too bad for you! Please let me know if any of you have other suggestions. Thanks!

Stavanger, Norway
Destination Expert
for Western Norway, Stavanger
Level Contributor
6,855 posts
104 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Is there anywhere in Longyearbyen to do laundry?

You have been correctly informed, there is no self serve laundry in Longyearbyen.

I bring a small bottle (150-200 ml) of liquid laundry detergent if my travels are 10 or more days and use the hotel sink to wash by hand.

Harstad, Norway
Destination Expert
for Bergen, Norway
Level Contributor
25,151 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Is there anywhere in Longyearbyen to do laundry?

If you are departing on a cruise, maybe your ship has laundry facilities.

Edited: 6:56 am, June 08, 2014
3. Re: Is there anywhere in Longyearbyen to do laundry?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:16 am, June 10, 2015