We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Transfer from port to airport

In cooperation with: Visit Norway
Which Longyearbyen hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Leeds, United...
Level Contributor
1,135 posts
61 reviews
Save Topic
Transfer from port to airport

Some questions about transferring from the port to the airport.

We will be disembarking our ship at around 02:00 on a Thursday morning later this month and will need to transfer to the airport for a flight at 04:30. Is the port far from the airport? Are taxis or buses easily available at the port at that time? What would be the usual cost?

Harstad, Norway
Destination Expert
for Bergen, Norway
Level Contributor
23,927 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Transfer from port to airport

This info is found at the airport web-site

avinor.no/en/airport/svalbard/tofromairport

England
Level Contributor
1,713 posts
49 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Transfer from port to airport

Assuming you are on the Fram? I would have thought that Hurtigruten could arrange this for you if it's not included in the package.

Salisbury, United...
Level Contributor
7,459 posts
132 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Transfer from port to airport

Nothing in Longyearbyen is far but the airport will be too far to walk with cases. The port is only a jetty no buildings and no taxis waiting.

Won't you ship be arranging transfers? We had a coach waiting for us. If not the ship should be able to order one for you. It's about a 5 min drive.

Leeds, United...
Level Contributor
1,135 posts
61 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Transfer from port to airport

It is Fram but I'm allergic to paying Hurtigruten 340 NOK for a 5 minute journey that would cost less than half that in a taxi! Hurtigruten have taken enough money from me already (and I prefer a taxi transfer rather than one in a coach)!

England
Level Contributor
1,713 posts
49 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Transfer from port to airport

Agree Hurtigruten expensive for short transfers so go with suggestion and link in first reply by kimaflyktning if possible.

6. Re: Transfer from port to airport

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:20 am, August 15, 2014