We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Longyearbyen with a two-year-old

In cooperation with: Visit Norway
Munich, Germany
10 posts
Save Topic
Longyearbyen with a two-year-old

Anyone have any recommendations of what I can do with a two-year-old in Longyearbyen? We will be there for four days in July and getting a little worried about how we will fill the days. I know the town has an indoor swimming pool and found a three-hour tour that visits sites in and around Longyearbyen, but other than that I'm not quite sure how we will fill the time. I'm a little worried about taking my son on the longer boot tours to Barentsburg etc. He travels well, but I know how cold it can get out on the water for so long having done a 4 hour tour in Iceland a few years back. Anyone have any other suggestions? Thanks!

Level Contributor
4 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Longyearbyen with a two-year-old

i advise you to login to the below site, it will be helpful. If you need any questions, tell me.

Pahoa. HI
Level Contributor
1,298 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Longyearbyen with a two-year-old

We were there a few years ago, and did take the boat tour to Barentsburg as well. But we don't have a 2 year old! Since you live in Munich, you're obviously used to winter and snow, so just dress your 2 year old like it's a winter day (for the boat trip I mean), and he'll be just fine. And you can stay indoors on the boat most of the time, and just head outdoors on those occasions when you want to see the view. But I have no idea what to suggest for 4 days there. That's a long time in Longyearbyen! We were there for 2 days only and that was just perfect. Other than relaxing at the pool and going for some walks, not much to do. When we were there, around 21-23 June, the temperature was right around +3C/+4C the whole time, 24 hours a day.

3. Re: Longyearbyen with a two-year-old

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:28 am, December 14, 2009
Our community is here to help!
Ask questions, get advice and more from travelers like you.
Join TripAdvisor