We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Anything to see on the south coast, down from hersonissos?

Which Hersonissos hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Macclesfield...
Level Contributor
139 posts
72 reviews
Save Topic
Anything to see on the south coast, down from hersonissos?

We have 3 full days left on Crete before Athens. Anything on the south coast worth exploring ?beach ?sites

with 2 boys 5 and 7.

we havea car and willing to drive.

Surrey, United...
Destination Expert
for Agios Nikolaos, Elounda, Crete
Level Contributor
10,814 posts
202 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Anything to see on the south coast, down from hersonissos?

Hi again

I have suggested walking with donkeys in the south coast on the other thread but here is the web site again

http://walkwithdonkeys.com

You could also visit the beautiful Voulisma beach just outside Agios, located on the national road from you it's around 45 min drive and the beach will be very quiet at this time of year and it has soft sand good fir sand castles :-)

cretanbeaches.com/Beaches/…

Edited: 4:23 am, April 09, 2014
Leeds, United...
Level Contributor
133 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Anything to see on the south coast, down from hersonissos?

Hi

There is a very good beach just past Malia close to the archeological site, if your looking for somewhere closer.

Sale, United Kingdom
Destination Expert
for Crete
Level Contributor
10,460 posts
76 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Anything to see on the south coast, down from hersonissos?

Matala (beach and caves) and Phaistos - about 1.75 hours drive to Matala. You could drive it in a loop via Heraklion, coming back through Kastelli.

Macclesfield...
Level Contributor
139 posts
72 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Anything to see on the south coast, down from hersonissos?

i remember the donkeys post and i did look up the website. we have goats up here in village heights, not greatly interested in much on the livestock side. but the beach is a good idea. we did Agios yesterday, not sure we want to go back there so soon.#will look steve at those locations. also to consider zeus' cave and the plataeu.

we went to the old malia each- Potomos today. 5 hrs there. LOVED it. I grew up in FL (living near manchester currently)...I miss the beach!! even ventured into the water 5 min before leaving. i was hot, the water was cold- it was do able for the next 20 min for a splash about with the boys. and it was nearly empty! great little beach bar as well!

thanks everyone!

5. Re: Anything to see on the south coast, down from hersonissos?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:17 am, April 11, 2015
Get answers to your questions about Hersonissos