We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Printable Street Map of Hersonissos

Birmingham
Level Contributor
850 posts
40 reviews
Save Topic
Printable Street Map of Hersonissos

Hi, I am trying to find a printable street map, not had much luck, most don't have much detail.......Thanks.

Devizes, United...
Level Contributor
40,216 posts
338 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Printable Street Map of Hersonissos

Hi there

No they don't I'm afraid, they are mostly Google-type maps on which you can zoom in on streets but they show little or no detail. is there a specific place you are looking for in Hersonissos?

Sale, United Kingdom
Destination Expert
for Crete
Level Contributor
11,682 posts
82 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Printable Street Map of Hersonissos

Try this:

explorecrete.com/crete-maps/images/hersoniss…

If you google hersonnisos maps there are some others. This one's OK as well:

imbb.forth.gr/ewm2006/images/maps/map05.jpg

Edited: 6:17 am, March 05, 2013
Devizes, United...
Level Contributor
40,216 posts
338 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Printable Street Map of Hersonissos

Thanks Steve, that first link is a really decent map.

Birmingham
Level Contributor
850 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Printable Street Map of Hersonissos

Thanks to you both very much it was just to get a feel of how to get to the little villages behind the Royal Belvedere hotel,and the main town of course.

Mentioned in this post
Royal Belvedere
Royal Belvedere
844 Reviews
Crete, Greece
Sale, United Kingdom
Destination Expert
for Crete
Level Contributor
11,682 posts
82 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Printable Street Map of Hersonissos

Glad to be able to help!

Glasgow, United...
Level Contributor
29 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Printable Street Map of Hersonissos

hi how far is it from the creta maris to the main bar areas ? is it well lit or just a track

Derry, United...
Level Contributor
535 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Printable Street Map of Hersonissos

Hi Dave,

It's not too far, about a 5 or 6 minute walk, it's not badly lit, and it's not a dirt track, it's a road, but not a great road compared to what we are used to.

Yvonne

england
Level Contributor
755 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Printable Street Map of Hersonissos

Hi we're stopping in Koutouloufari . I've been looking at the first map and have a question if anyone could help please.. Never been before so maybe a stupid question but if we walk out of the village following the road down hill to Hersonissos which bit of Hersonissos would we end up at. The port that sounds nice or busy part of shops and restaurants . Also everyone says the hill is ok walking down but hard work walking up does anyone have a photo to give me an idea what to expect. Quite like a bit of a stroll on holiday it's a good excuse to stop in a taverna but kids don't feel the same. I know we could get a taxi back but won't wont to do that all the time as you miss so much but will have to if its a real hike.

Mentioned in this post
Koutouloufari
Koutouloufari
Crete, Greece
england
Level Contributor
755 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Printable Street Map of Hersonissos

Sorry if I've not explained myself well in the above post but thought there was one road down but the map shows three . Where stopping at the Sunrise don't no if that makes any difference. I've no idea how big the village is or how spread out . Don't no why but had it in my head that it was only small a couple of streets with one way into and out of the village.

Wrexham, United...
Level Contributor
109 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Printable Street Map of Hersonissos

The road nearest the sunrise (50 yards) will bring you out at star beach which is at the far end of town from the harbour.or You can walk thru koutou. And go down the other hills if you prefer . The heat is the problem with the walk not the distance . The areas around thehills are really just undeveloped land with the odd bar or apartment on the way . The hill in the middle of pisko has more going on and seems to have a few Irish bars, and apts .

We walked it most days but it can be dusty and hot . The walk to old hersonissos is much flatter . (30 mins from sunrise)

Get answers to your questions about Hersonissos