We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

naan beach hotel -crete

Which Hersonissos hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Grimsby, United...
Level Contributor
23 posts
1 review
Save Topic
naan beach hotel -crete

looking at booking the naan beach hotel does anybody know what the drink package is ie: what time bar open to and is there any shops and restaurants and bars new hotel.

Yeovil, United...
Level Contributor
3,958 posts
Save Reply
11. Re: naan beach hotel -crete

And therein lies the whole issue with AI. If you don't go out then your holiday is getting on a plane - bus to hotel - one/two weeks in hotel complex - bus back to airport - get on plane home. So much more to a holiday to Crete than that. In fact, in essence, you haven't really been to Crete as it could be anywhere including a fortnight to Butlins.

Oh.......and the other thing - resorts in Crete and throughout Greece are dying due to the spread of AI. Once thriving places are having the life squeezed out of them by tour operators pushing AI like there is no tomorrow. Unfortunately there will be "no tomorrow" for some resorts and their bars, restaurants & other businesses if AI continues to expand at the rate it is currently doing.

When I holiday in Stalis, I see waves of "wristbands" worn by those who have dared to escape out of the safety of their hotel complex rolling down the beach road for their after dinner stroll. They don't dare to deviate into or patronise any bar or restaurant, but they are quite happy to soak up the atmosphere created by and paid for by those who have gone SC or B&B and to which they have made no contribution to at all.

The tour operators are forcing many accom owners into AI or they won't send them any customers. More money in their pockets and less to the local businesses. Once they have killed a resort they just move onto somewhere else with no care as to the irreversible damage they have done. Fortunately Stalis is still thriving (for now) with many good SC options and great choice of restaurants & tavernas and still enough people who want to go SC and enjoy it to its full extent. But I know of other resorts where the proportion of AI hotels to size is greater which are dying on their feet.

Sorry, rant over, but please....."but honestly you will not need to go out".......well, quite honestly, there really is little point of making the effort of travelling to the airport, flying 2,000 miles and going on a foreign holiday if you are not going to go out at all once you get there!

Edited: 8:26 pm, March 30, 2013
england
Level Contributor
686 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: naan beach hotel -crete

I totally understand the comments of the above post but must admit to be guilty of going AI when the children were younger. Many times when the children were young it was almost the same price to go AI as SC and I must admit I did find it a lot easyer AI when they were small. Now there older I'm back at SC but I must admit if flight prices keep on going up I might have to consider AI again

Birmingham
Level Contributor
780 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: naan beach hotel -crete

I am going AI this year, it works for me and my son, have always gone AI in Spain this will be the 1st time in Greece but I will have to eat out quite a few times, you cannot go to Greece and not eat out, I think I may well find AL and Greece is not for me and not do it next time.

slough
Level Contributor
138 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
14. Re: naan beach hotel -crete

We normally do go self catering but last year with a little one we found we were spending a fortune in the day as I drink a lot and so does my little one, then there were meals on top etc so we thought we would try all in to see how it compares. The other reason we picked the nana beach is because of their facilities for children. We may try it this year and decide it is not for us or decide it is the way to go for us whilst our son is young. We will be leaving the hotel as we intend to go on the bus and visit different places, I don't think we will be doing organised trips as I think my son is a bit too young and we want the freedom to return when we want to. Well in eight weeks time we will find out if we made the right choice or not!

London, United...
Level Contributor
16,455 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
15. Re: naan beach hotel -crete

>... but honestly you will not need to go out.<

Then why bother coming to Crete?? !!

Apart from the issues around boosting the local economy, and apart from what npj has said so well about enjoying a Cretan holiday so much more by going independently, if you want to go all-inclusive it would make more sense to go somewhere that does all-inclusive well. Crete doesn't.

Edited: 5:52 am, March 31, 2013
16. Re: naan beach hotel -crete

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:17 am, April 02, 2014
Get answers to your questions about Hersonissos
Recent Conversations