We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

1 day trip to elafonissi beach

Medias, Romania
Level Contributor
20 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
1 day trip to elafonissi beach

I would be grateful if somenone, who knows crete well, could tell me how long is a trip from Anissaras to Elafonissi beach (km and time) as we are willing to sacrifice 1 day only for going to this beautiful paradise. Which way is the most interesting and worth taking??

Mentioned in this post
Crete, Greece
Athens, Greece
Level Contributor
406 posts
56 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: 1 day trip to elafonissi beach

Hi GB, no problem, I never meant you spoke bad about Elafonissi, I just happen to love beautiful natural landscapes, especially by the sea, and I think that Elafonissi is one of a kind in this matter. Nature at its best!

It is a very long way indeed, but if they can take turns driving and start around 8 in the morning, even if they arrive there at 12, they can stay a minimum of 6-7 hours on the beach before starting the way back, making a stop at Rethymno for example for dinner to break the distance, it can actually make a long but rewarding daily excursion.

Still I also recommended an overnight in Chania, it would be the ideal way to make such a trip.

It all depends on ones mood, desire, energy and stamina of course!

Impossible is nothing;-)

ps: By the way, another beautiful beach with wonderful landscape is Itanos, north east coast of Crete, next to Vai, around 2 hours drive from Sissi. Was there a couple of weeks ago, it was the best beach we saw on the east side of Crete. Not Elafonissi level, but still wonderful.

Edited: 7:38 am, August 31, 2012
Mentioned in this post
12. Re: 1 day trip to elafonissi beach

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:16 am, September 05, 2013
Get answers to your questions about Hersonissos