We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Ariane Aparthotel

Which Hersonissos hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Ormskirk
Level Contributor
80 posts
82 reviews
Save Topic
Ariane Aparthotel

I would like more information on Ariane Aparthotel, i.e. quality of accommodation, location, all inclusive option, nearby restaurants etc.. Has anyone stayed here?

Lytham St Annes
Level Contributor
4 posts
46 reviews
Save Reply
61. Re: Ariane Aparthotel

I have just come back from this hotel and have yet to post a review. my advice would be avoid it like the plague. I hope to post a review later today but suffice it to say this is by far the worst holiday I have experienced in 50 years of traavelling.

Peterborough...
1 post
Save Reply
62. Re: Ariane Aparthotel

We have just arrived home from Crete. We stayed All Inclusive at the Arian Aparthotel-Hersonissos.

Let us start by saying everying about this place was FALSE ADVERTISING.

Although it is advertised that these apartments are newly refurbished it was clearly visible they were not.

Upon arrival about 2300 hours we could see that this place was filthy by the threadbare "wlcome" mat. We were

then shown to our apartment which on first impression was not clean. On further inspection our suspicions were

right. The concrete bed looked dirty and unappealing the fridge was completely frozen over and rusty - it looked

as if the floor needed a good clean. It was advertised there was a phone in the room. This was not the case. Of

the five days at this appartment we had no hot water to have a shower.

The staff at this place were rude and very unhelpful.

The swimming pool was like a sheep dip - dirty and uninviting. It was placed in a corridor with a bit of decking at

one end with room only for a couple of sunbeds - no sun at all.

MEALS: Breakfast consisted of continental breakfast which was laid out the night before - this was not fresh

Lunch and dinner consisted of food shipped in (meals on wheels). Again this was left out for about 3/4 hour

for the flies to feed on as it was not covered and the "hot food" was always cold with no variety of choice.

DRINKS: It was advertised that the drinks include 30 alcoholic and nonalcoholic drinks. All that was offered was one

local lager,ouzo, 3 soft drinks - orange,lemonade and soda water There were 2 jugs of wine one red one white

both warm as they were left sitting on the bar in the heat. Tea and coffee were served from a dirty machine.

The tables the food was served from were covered by a filthy curtain.

It was also advertised that there was a snack bar at the main bar. No such thing!!

AI was from 1100-2230 with the option to buy after 2230 but dead on 2230 everything was put away and locked up.

Advertised was entertainment - there was no such thing

Advertised was child care - there was none.

THE ARIANE APARTHOTEL IS A HEALTH HAZZARD AND SHOULD BE CLOSED DOWN

After five days we were transferred to a sister hotel "Penelope" in Stalis (we had to pay for own taxi). Although these

apartments were SLIGHTLY cleaner it was still the same meals on wheels and drink. Our bed had ants crawling over it

when complained it took them 3 days to do anything about it. The only good thing about the Penelope was that there

was a swimming pool where you could sit around and socialize.

The majority of our spending money went on food and drinks in restaurants where we could get a hot meal. Hence we

did not have our days out as we planned - as we did not have the funds.

ALL IN ALL WE WOULD LIKE TO SAY THIS IS THE WORST PLACE WE HAVE EVER STAYED AND WOULD BE LOOKING

FOR SOME SORT OF COMPENSATION FOR THIS MISADVERTISED AND MISERABLE HOLIDAY FROM HELL.

THE HOLIDAYS OF OURS AND SO MANY OTHER PEOPLE HAVE BEEN RUINED - SOMETHING NEEDS TO BE DONE

ABOUT IT !!!!

Maidstone, United...
2 posts
1 review
Save Reply
63. Re: Ariane Aparthotel

who did you book with. I stayed there as well and was shocked to be charged for a room with a kitchenette, which boasts no such much as a cup. I booked with travel soon but they are not replying to me emails. Not sure how you go about getting compensation, but think a full refund is in order.

I did find andrea very helpful to be honest, and she went out of her way to help us

Yeovil, United...
Level Contributor
3,958 posts
Save Reply
64. Re: Ariane Aparthotel

Ref: post 62 above - if ever this is an example not to go AI in Crete (or anywhere else in Greece for that matter) then this is it. Most "cheap" AI deals you will get this type of fare with meals & standards and you get what you pay for I'm afraid. For something a bit better you have to pay a lot more and then you had just as well go SC so you can enjoy the freedom eating in the great tavernas & restaurants and experience the joy of what a holiday in Greece is all about.

By the way the Penelope in Stalis was, until 2 years ago, self catering apartments. Then it was forced by the tour operator, as have many others, to go AI and changed it's name from "Apartments" to "Aparthotel". It really isn't set up for AI but the TO isn't bothered about that or whether their customers have a good holiday, as long as they trouser more of your money at the expense of the local bars & restaurants they really don't care!

So the message is - book SC instead of these rather nasty cheap AI deals, spend your money in resort in the bars, restaurants & tavernas rather than giving a larger slice to the tour operators and you will enjoy your holiday much more into the bargain and come home with a lot less to complain about.

Edited: 7:29 pm, September 18, 2012
4 posts
1 review
Save Reply
65. Re: Ariane Aparthotel

I would like to back up messages 62 and 64.

We returned from this 'aparthotel' on 17th Sept 12.

Possibly one of the worst holidays of my life!

This is part of the complaint i sent to our tour operator and i will be sending a further complaint with photos as evidence.

I would like to make a complaint about the Hotel we are currently staying at, The Ariane Aparthotel, Crete Greece.

There are a number of points that i would like to list, they are as follows:

1, Had we been five minutes later there would not have been anyone at the hotel to let us in, as when we arrived the lady stated she was about to lock up.

2, No information was given to us about the hotel on arrival, such as how to access our rooms should we return to the hotel after they had locked up other than 'see those bins, you go up there', what to do in the event of a fire or some such occurrence. The lady appeared more interested in getting home than welcoming her guests.

3, The room is not secure, the balcony would be easily accessable from the landing and the doors do not lock properly.

4, The only way to lock the main door is by taking the key out of the electricity point, this as you can imagine is a hazard in the dark.

5, The only view from either windows in the apartment are of other rooms.

6, The hotel overall is mainly aimed at Dutch and German clients, there are a couple of other British guests, none of which are satisfied with the Hotel, one couple has in fact already moved.

7, The swimming pool, if you can call it that, is too small, with no area to sit around it.

8, The electrics are not safe, one light switch is not secure to the wall, leaving easy access to wires, the light in the hallway is hanging off the ceiling with again more wires being fully exposed.

9, the railing on the balcony is not secure, if you were to lean on it too hard it would come away, which is a major Health and Safety risk, especially if children were using this room.

10, We arrived on Monday night, it is now Thursday morning and the cleaners have not been in our room once, with the greek plumbing system not able to cope with toilet paper you have to use a bin, which at this point is full of used paper yet another major health risk.

11, Food, this on its own warrants a complaint, we have paid for an All Inclusive Holiday, we are not receiving such a service. The choice of food is beyond limited. The quality of the food offered is poor, the choice is non existent. The dining times are short as it is, but if you do not arrive in the dining area early enough most of the food is gone. Therefore we are having to buy food out, which is not acceptable considering we have already paid for food and drinks. Therefore we are NOT receiving what we have paid for.

12, In the paper work i have in front of me right now it states the rooms are newly redecorated.... now if a coat of paint poorly applied covers redecoration then fair enough, but no it is not!!

13, Kitchenette, this is small, poorly equiped, consisting of one pan and a few utensils. There are no cups or glasses. We had to purchase cups to use in the apartment, as we did not feel welcome in the dining area.

14, The transfer states on the paperwork 30 minutes, our transfer took one hour.

This was sent on our 3rd day, there are further complaints to add to theis list and as for the staff, well rude and arragont barely covers it.

I WOULD NOT RECOMEND THIS PLACE TO MY WORST ENEMY!!!

Yeovil, United...
Level Contributor
3,958 posts
Save Reply
66. Re: Ariane Aparthotel

I am sorry to hear of the problems you had on holiday Sonia, but I wouldn't hold your breath on getting anywhere with the tour operator on this!

This is not uncommon with cheap AI deals and, as I eluded to in my above post, the TO is only interested in the colour of your money and not the quality or enjoyment of your holiday.

Best of luck with it anyway.

Newcastle Upon Tyne
Level Contributor
313 posts
60 reviews
Save Reply
67. Re: Ariane Aparthotel

My husband and I agree with npj. We walked past this dump a few times on our holiday up in Koutouloufari and agree you only get what you pay for. We have been coming to Greece for about 20 years, always self catering and we always eat dinner out and often eat lunch out too.

We believe AI does have its place (it would have been a great option when our boys were young) and have gone AI in the Caribbean on a number of occasions, but we think doing that has spoilt us for AI in Europe.

We are sorry for anyone who has been here and had a horrible holiday, but we would definitely recommend SC in the area. There are a number of supermarkets, including a Lidl, which is a taxi ride from most of Hersonissos if your budget doesn't cover eating out and if you do, the prices are cheaper than eating out for a family.

Oxford, United...
Level Contributor
2 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
68. Re: Ariane Aparthotel

We changed last minute to the Mareva Apartments, 5 minutes up the road from this aparthotel, after reading all these reviews. They were SC but the holiday was fantastic. If you can'r change as it is to last minute you can go to use the Mareva swimming pool and bar, they do great snacks. 5 minutes up the side road away from the main road.

Maesteg, United...
Level Contributor
6 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
69. Re: Ariane Aparthotel

Take them to trading Standards.

I did - and got every penny back!!

Inbox me for more details.

Lytham St Annes
Level Contributor
4 posts