We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Sheffield lads in Hersonissos!

Sheffield
Level Contributor
17 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Sheffield lads in Hersonissos!

Hi all,

The Sheffield boys are hitting Hersonissos on May 29th for a week, for a relaxing (until the night time, anyway) holiday in the sun. A couple of questions for you.

A few of us would like to do some walking trips to see the sights etc, I presume its probably not the best thing to book through the operator, any better people to talk to?

Are there any rock bars? We do like a fun so if anyone would like to party you can also give me a shout!

Richard

www.rawkinrich.net

Dublin
Level Contributor
4 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Sheffield lads in Hersonissos!

Hey man,

Yeah your better off going down to the main street when you get there and book an excursion, theres a few places around!

I go there every year and the only rock bar really is Hollywood, when I go in there every summer for the first time the guys always put on Bulls on Parade by Rage. They also play mainstream stuff but have an hour or so of rock. Its a good mix.

Make sure to go to Star Beach! Lots of fun there!

sheffield.uk
2 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Sheffield lads in Hersonissos!

Hi Richard,

we are from Sheffield and are also going to Hersonissos on 29th May. We have been many times.The best walk available is apparently the Samaria Gorge which you can book cheaper at loads of travel agents in resort. As for the best bars the Shamrock is ace for karaoke and a good laugh, the R & B bar are also ace, they are both on the main road. If you want decent food i would recommend the 4 Seasons restaurant on the beach road walking away from the main centre towards stalis.Stalis has the nicest beaches and water sports galore.

A must do is a boat trip, there is one that goes to the water park in Malia as well as to a little village called Sissi.

Malia is where all the party animals go at night, well worth a visit.

We fly at 5.50 am from Manchester and are staying at the Vassos, hope you have a real good time, we come back year after year cos we love it!

hersonissos
Level Contributor
74 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Sheffield lads in Hersonissos!

The bar that plays only rock music is named U2.It is in the seaside street.Take a look at

www.myron4hersonissos.blogspot.com

for more infos about all the bars and clubs of my hometown.

My friends,visitors of my town,have interesting tip.If you want boat trips,dont go in Spinloga ,dont go in Sissi.

GAIDURONISSI or CHRISSI island is THE BOAT TRIP.

You just have to go till Ierapetra,about an hour anhalf south-east from Hersonissos,and then take the boat for a

PARADISE on EARTH.The boat trip would cost only 20 euros.

It is amazing.I dont know if there are organized exchursions from local travel bureaus,but try it.

Soon i will have some pics on my blog...

4. Re: Sheffield lads in Hersonissos!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:19 am, September 02, 2009
Get answers to your questions about Hersonissos