We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Confusion about places to see in North East India

New Delhi, India
6 posts
Save Topic
Confusion about places to see in North East India

Hello,

I want to tell you that I am residing in New Delhi and have a plan to visit NER in the month of May of this year along with my family viz. my husband(having some problem in walking) and my eight year old daughter. I am planning to visit there by taking direct flight. I am going to book a complete package from a travel agent as per my own itinerary including taxi journey, hotel booking, meals etc. etc...

I want to see places having beautiful nature scenes, waterfalls and other tourist attractions like monuments, historical places, lakes, temples, monasteries etc. etc.....

I have maximum seven days for my journey in my hand.

I saw many forums and likes all of them. I am so excited that I wish to visit all of these places but due to limited time period, I am still confused.

So, Please help me to decide where I can visit in North East India along with my family. Please also advice best itinerary for visiting NER maximum for seven days. I can extend my journey for three more days, if its not possible in seven days.

New Delhi, India
Level Contributor
1,396 posts
172 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: Confusion about places to see in North East India

Are parts of Assam , Meghalaya and arunachal Pradesh safe to travel as I heard there is some political disturbances there ..always

Shillong, India
Level Contributor
975 posts
195 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: Confusion about places to see in North East India

In Meghalaya, there is the odd bandh once in a blue moon, but you would have to be very unlucky to get caught in one. Presently, as of now, the situation is ideal for tourism as spring has begun.

Ghy
Level Contributor
60 posts
Save Reply
13. Re: Confusion about places to see in North East India

Tnx karikor for the link

Shillong, India
Level Contributor
975 posts
195 reviews
Save Reply
14. Re: Confusion about places to see in North East India

You are welcome. Hope you can add to it as well.

15. Re: Confusion about places to see in North East India

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum posting guidelines with prohibiting self-promotional advertising or solicitation.

We ask all of our members to keep their forum messages free of self-promoting advertisements or solicitation of any kind - members affiliated with any tourism-related business should not include commercial contact information or URLs in their forum messages.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:01 pm, June 08, 2014
Shillong, India
Level Contributor
975 posts
195 reviews
Save Reply
16. Re: Confusion about places to see in North East India

Ramarani,

How's the planning going on?

17. Re: Confusion about places to see in North East India

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum posting guidelines with prohibiting self-promotional advertising or solicitation.

We ask all of our members to keep their forum messages free of self-promoting advertisements or solicitation of any kind - members affiliated with any tourism-related business should not include commercial contact information or URLs in their forum messages.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:01 pm, June 08, 2014
18. Re: Confusion about places to see in North East India

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

Removed on: 1:16 am, May 05, 2015