We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Budget Travel

Which Shillong hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Kolkata (Calcutta...
4 posts
Save Topic
Budget Travel

I am planning to visit Nongriat early this April and would be very happy if you guys could guide me on a thing or two.

1. How would the weather be in April? Would I need to carry umbrellas or raincoats?

2. I am traveling on a tight budget so could you tell me cheaper places to stay in Cherrapunji and Nongriat ?

3. Do we need any special permits for exploring the caves in Shillong?

Any advise would come really in handy :) Thanks.

Kolkata (Calcutta...
Level Contributor
7 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: Budget Travel

actually we have changed our itinerary little bit. We are going to Kaziranga first, then coming to Shillong on 26th of March, Moving to Sohra on 27th, staying in Sohra Holiday resort, On 28th visiting Mowlynnong , coming back to Shillong, Staying there from 28th evening to 3oth Morning when we will leave for Guwahati.

Actually after hearing from you I have stretched it for one day to accommodate all the places.

Anyway in Shillong I will not like the company of Bengalis much & will prefer to stay with local people. do you have any other place in mind?

Shillong, India
Level Contributor
821 posts
195 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: Budget Travel

Well your plan looks more sensible now. That extra day makes such a big difference. By the way, you can check out hill top chateau and hotel yalana for accommodation in shillong. Google them out.

Kolkata (Calcutta...
Level Contributor
7 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: Budget Travel

thank you.I will do it tomorrow.

Shillong, India
Level Contributor
821 posts
195 reviews
Save Reply
14. Re: Budget Travel

I will also try to get you more names of accommodations suited to your budget later in the day.

Regards,

Karikor kharkongor

Kolkata (Calcutta...
Level Contributor
7 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
15. Re: Budget Travel

I have talked to Hotel Yalana, & they have told that they will start booking from 1st March. Hotel Chateau is ok regarding room tariff & other things. Will I wait for Yalana before booking?

Will there be peak season in Shillong that time?

Shillong, India
Level Contributor
821 posts
195 reviews
Save Reply
16. Re: Budget Travel

I would advice that you stick to yalana and call them on 1st march itself to do the booking. And well as for Hill Top Chateau, yes it is located right up in the fringes of town just below the shillong reserve forest and beneath shillong peak and has a spectacular view of the shillong plateau and city. However you have to take into account that , taxis may be a problem, buying something even small like toothpaste may be a problem and well it won't be safe to travel late, since that location is pretty remote and you wont get to do anything after dark and I guess the guest house closes the gate early by 9pm.

While Hotel Yalana is located in a locality famous for Cafés and snack joints. You can take a walk around in the evening and have a cup of coffee in one of these cafes. And most of them open till 8.30-9 pm.

Kolkata (Calcutta...
Level Contributor
7 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
17. Re: Budget Travel

thank you.

Shillong, India
Level Contributor
821 posts
195 reviews
Save Reply
18. Re: Budget Travel

You're welcome. If you have any other queries, do feel free to ask.

Tezpur, India
1 post
Save Reply
19. Re: Budget Travel

if u come then contact me we have a travel agency naming voyage group,we conduct package tour to kaziranga,tawang,shillong,nameri,bomdila,dirang etc.

with warm regards

rajeev/admin.head

voyage group

20. Re: Budget Travel

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:15 am, February 23, 2014