We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Help Plan.Two Night/Three Day Trip to Shillong & Cherrapunee

Which Shillong hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Bongaigaon
8 posts
Save Topic
Help Plan.Two Night/Three Day Trip to Shillong & Cherrapunee

As my Budget and time is very limited and I cannot afford much more, So I am Planning a Two Night & three Day Trip to meghalaya (Shillong and Cherrapunjee/Sohra) This Month or next.

My Plan is as follows.

Day 1- Guwahati to Shillong

Book Hotel in Shillong- I am thinking Asutosh Inn.

Sightseeing in Shillong- Shillong Peak, Bidon and bishop Falls,

Golf course, spread eagles fall, Ward`s Lake, All Saints Church,

Sweet Falls View, Bara Bazar.

Day 2- Shillong to Cherrapunjee (Sohra)

Book Hotel- I am thinking Coniferous Resort.

Sightseeing- Eco Park, Seven sisters falls,

Ka Kerm Mawsmai Cave, Khoh Ramhah Pillar Rock, Living Root bridge.

Day 3- Cherrapunjee to Shillong. Shillong To Guwahati.

My Questions Are..

Q 1.How can i get to cherrapunjee from shillong by road.? What are the RATES and TIMINGS of the taxies and the Buses.?

Q 2.Which hotel will be best in Sohra(within 1200Rs or less and nearest to Eco Park AND SAFE).?

Q 3.Is 1 day enough for the attractions mentioned above, How much will it cost to visit all these attractions.?

Q 4. MOST IMPORTANTLY.. Are the Hotels We`v selected Safe, for unmarried couple.?

Q 5.Till what time is it safe to be outside the Hotel at night.?

Finally, this is my very first post so please be tolerant and ignore any mistakes on my part. I would be very grateful to every one who attends to my queries.

THANK YOU.

Navi Mumbai, India
Level Contributor
9 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
31. Re: Help Plan.Two Night/Three Day Trip to Shillong & Cherrapunee

Also if you can advise on Coniferous resort. How far is that from the attractions?

Shillong, India
Level Contributor
705 posts
192 reviews
Save Reply
32. Re: Help Plan.Two Night/Three Day Trip to Shillong & Cherrapunee

Coniferous Resort is walking distance from Mawmluh cave, Eco Park, Nohsngithiang Falls. Thangkharang Park, Khoh Ramhah, Kynrem Falls will be 7-8km.

Navi Mumbai, India
Level Contributor
9 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
33. Re: Help Plan.Two Night/Three Day Trip to Shillong & Cherrapunee

Thanks Karikor. We have arranged our stay at By the Way at Sohra. Thanks a lot for your advice.

Another query I had is how can we explore Mawmluh caves? How far is this is from By the Way and how do we go there? Can we go all by ourselves or do we need a guide or a professional for that trip? I have heard that you need caving gears to explore Mawmluh, how do we get that? If we need a professional to guide us there, can you recommend someone to help us out in it? What would be the cost for the same if we are hiring professional service? Please advise on the same. Thanks in advance.

Shillong, India
Level Contributor
705 posts
192 reviews
Save Reply
34. Re: Help Plan.Two Night/Three Day Trip to Shillong & Cherrapunee

The best person to help you would be heprit of By The Way

Navi Mumbai, India
Level Contributor
9 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
35. Re: Help Plan.Two Night/Three Day Trip to Shillong & Cherrapunee

I did ask heprit but he does not have much idea about Mawmluh caves. He says we have to contact at Shillong to get to know the details. He doesn't even the contacts at Shillong for the same. Thats why we are lost as tonwhat to do. Please advise.

Shillong, India
Level Contributor
705 posts
192 reviews
Save Reply
36. Re: Help Plan.Two Night/Three Day Trip to Shillong & Cherrapunee

I am surprised.

Anyway google out Gregory diengdoh's phone number of meghalaya adventurers association. He is a professional caver who arranges such activities. He will arrange everything out for you, from guide to gear. There are many entrance and exits to the Mawmluh cave. But the one near the cement factory will be about 5-7 km from by the way.

Navi Mumbai, India
Level Contributor
9 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
37. Re: Help Plan.Two Night/Three Day Trip to Shillong & Cherrapunee

Hi Karikor. I contacted Gregory but unfortunately he said that he is not sure whether he would be able to take us for caving in first week of May as it might start raining at that time. However, he asked to contact him once we are there to get an update.

Another help i needed from you Karikor. I have heard that there are water sports and scuba diving activities conducted at Dawki. Is there any other adventure group that conducts those activities there apart from Pioneer and Green Routes? I was trying to contact Tripengineers but their contact numbers aren't going through. Can you help us in that regards?

Also heard that paragliding activities for tourists are also undertaken there, but am not sure where they are organised and whom to contact for the same. Pleaseguide us with the same.

Also if there are any other unique activities that can be experienced there which we usually don't get to experience in our busy city lives, please let us know. We would be happy to pursue those.

Eagerly awaiting your reply Karikor and thanks in advance.

2 posts
Save Reply
38. Re: Help Plan.Two Night/Three Day Trip to Shillong & Cherrapunee

#karikor sir me n my girlfriend are planning for a trip to shillong this winter im 21 and she's 20..so my question is tat if its safe for unmarried couples to stay in hotels in shillong if yes then could you please recommend a few?

2 posts
Save Reply
39. Re: Help Plan.Two Night/Three Day Trip to Shillong & Cherrapunee

Sir im 21 and my girlfriend she's 20,we r planning a trip to shillong this december...my questions to you are

1. Are hotels in shillong safe for unmarried couples/do hotels in shillong allow them??

2. If yes then could you suggest a few??

40. Re: Help Plan.Two Night/Three Day Trip to Shillong & Cherrapunee

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:15 am, November 19, 2015