We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Dalhousie

New Delhi, India
7 posts
Save Topic
Dalhousie

Hi,we are planning to go Dalhousie from 10th august to 13th august..is it right time to travel Dalhousie on that time?And please suggest the name of some good budget accommodation and some good restaurants.

Mumbai, India
Destination Expert
for Lonavala, Binsar, Dalhousie, Gir National Park, Shirdi, Uttarakhand
Level Contributor
8,830 posts
633 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Dalhousie

Hi ranjum..

August is medium rainy season..can say a perfect season to travel..but one can definitely enjoy if like rain..you can get good discount as its an off season..

Dalhousie heights/grand view are good to stay with nice view

New Delhi, India
10 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Dalhousie

It is the rainy season in Dalhousie in august. So for rain lovers it is right time to visit. And Budget hotels like Kumar Palace, Spring holidays etc are good according to the budget.

New Delhi, India
7 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Dalhousie

Thanx a lot for ur reply..it will help us a lot..I would like to ask one more question..as it is a rainy season.so is it safe to travel to dalhousie..i mean is there any chances of landslide..??We will go by bus or taxi from pathankot to dalhousie..

Thank you..:)

Mumbai, India
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
8,830 posts
633 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Dalhousie

Hi ranjum..

After mid august, landslide possibilities are less in pathankoy-dalhousie route..its not common type of.

Dalhousie-khajjiar is bit landslide prone route..but in heavy rain only..otherwise chances are low

New Delhi, India
7 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Dalhousie

thanks..Lalbahadur..!!..hey can you tell me one more thing..can u tell me about the taxi fare return (non-AC) from dalhousie to khajjiar..

New Delhi, India
7 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Dalhousie

thanks..Lalbahadur..!!..hey can you tell me one more thing..can u tell me about the taxi fare return (non-AC) from dalhousie to khajjiar..

Mumbai, India
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
8,830 posts
633 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Dalhousie

Hi ranjum..

For a day trip from dalhousie to khajjiar - a non ac indica will cost you approx 2000-2200..

You can take taxi from taxi union, bus stand..or can book by your hotel.

Kolkata (Calcutta...
Level Contributor
20 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Dalhousie

HONEYMOON PLAN In NOV-2013 to Dharmashala-Dalhousie

Dharmashala--->Mcleodganj---->Dalhousie---->Khajjiar----->Chamba---->back to Dalhousie

Dalhousie---->Amritsar.

Please help me out.

Mentioned in this post
Khajjiar
Khajjiar
Chamba District, India
Chamba
Chamba
Chamba District, India
Amritsar
Amritsar
Amritsar District, India
7 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Dalhousie

Hmmmm it's not a good time for Dalhousie. Various land slides and danger zones at the moment.

Mumbai, India
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
8,830 posts
633 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Dalhousie

Hi firoznsecee..

November is good time to visit dalhousie/dharamsala..you will definitely like the cool atmosphere..

How many days itinerary do you want? I mean how many days are in your hand for honeymoon..from amritsar to amritsar