We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Info regarding New Bongaigoan railway station, Guwahati

Kolkata (Calcutta...
1 post
Save Topic
Info regarding New Bongaigoan railway station, Guwahati

Hi,

I am traveling with my whole family to Bhutan,and we are planning to return back through Trongsa to New Bongaigaon and then board a train to Kolkata.

Now all the major trains a scheduled at night, 12.30 & 2.10. Hence i wanted to know whether it is safe to travel this place at night.

Please reply fast.

Guwahati, India
Destination Expert
for Assam, Arunachal Pradesh, Meghalaya, Manipur, Mizoram, Nagaland, Guwahati, Shillong, Tawang, Imphal, Aizawl, Kohima, Kaziranga National Park
Level Contributor
4,649 posts
510 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Info regarding New Bongaigoan railway station, Guwahati

Firstly, there are ongoing clashes between Bodos and Bangladeshis near Bongaigaon, not a safe time to visit. Bhutan border is always closed whenever such things happen in Assam (I've myself returned twice from the border)

Even otherwise, it's not a safe route to travel at night.

It'd be better for you to exit from Phuentsholing > Siliguri /NJP

2. Re: Info regarding New Bongaigoan railway station, Guwahati

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:17 am, May 08, 2015