We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

North East tour

Which Guwahati hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Bengaluru, India
Level Contributor
10 posts
1 review
Save Topic
North East tour

Need advise on visiting the NE states towards Oct - November, itineraries and travel modalities for an reasonable adventurous photo tour.

Been a little concerned about floods and land slides in Assam and surrounding areas and if it would be a risky idea considering travel three months down the line.

Advise please ?

Bodh Gaya, India
Destination Expert
for Patna, Rajgir, Bodh Gaya, Hajipur, Gaya, Bihar
Level Contributor
928 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: North East tour

As per my view better if you travel the places after 3 months.

Bengaluru, India
Level Contributor
821 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: North East tour

Tresspass,

Three months down the line, the monsoon subsides so you don't have to worry about it.

The North-east has a lot of states......what is your trip duration? Any specific states in mind? If you say 'adventurous photo tour', my guess is that your interests are primarily adventure and photography. What type of photography? - landscapes, culture, wildlife? Solo travel or with family?

If you give more specific information like this, it helps people give you better answers. You can easily spend a couple of months in the NE and it's difficult to suggest itineraries without you fixing on a time duration. My advise would also be to choose a couple of states rather than try & cover the whole region, unless, of course, you have the time.

India
Destination Expert
for Shimla, Manali, Kashmir, Shillong, Sikkim, Uttarakhand, Puri, Darjeeling, Kolkata (Calcutta), Himachal Pradesh, Srinagar, Dalhousie, India, Ladakh, Leh
Level Contributor
35,394 posts
48 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: North East tour

Tresspass

Could you plz be more specific about the destinations of N/E? Since you are planning in Oct-Nov, I would suggest Guwahati-Shillong-Kaziranga (from Nov). OR Guwahai-Kaziranga-Arunachal. You'll get enough scope of photography in bothe the plan. 7-10 days will be needed to visit the places.

AshisRoy

Edited: 3:16 am, July 10, 2012
Bengaluru, India
Level Contributor
10 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: North East tour

Thanks Wanderlust,

Am looking at travelling across the NE states over a month's duration.

Have'nt zeroed in on the number of people, 2-3 for now.

Also planning to cover Bhutan in the process, not sure how feasible an option it is.

I am more worried about how the weather conditions are going to pan out with the ongoing floods and if Oct - Nov would be a good time to consider.

Please advise.

Bengaluru, India
Level Contributor
10 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: North East tour

Thanks Ashis,

If you suggest Guwahati-Shillong-Kaziranga (from Nov). OR Guwahai-Kaziranga-Arunachal can be done over a 7-10 day period, I should be able to do more with 30 days in hand correct ? I am planning to club in Bhutan as well..

Need to assess the feasibility.

Here's a sample itinerary I came across while looking around...

…worldnomads.com/destination/…81.aspx

Kolkata (Calcutta...
1 post
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: North East tour

Hello,

I'm planning a trip as below in the 1st.week of June with my family(wife & 10 year old kid).

Guwahati - Shillong(+ Cherapunji) - Kaziranga - Bomdila - Tawang - Bhalukpong - Guwahati

1)Can I cover it in 9D & 8N - reaching Guwahati on one Sat afternoon & leaving again in the next week's Sunday night?

2)If not, what should be my itinerary for this window?

3)Will I be spared of rains during this trip?

4)Any other valuable tip/advise since this will be our first travel to any of the NE states.

Thanks very much for your guidance in advance.

Mumbai (Bombay...
Level Contributor
541 posts
120 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: North East tour

1,You will get rain in June most probably.Due to rain road condition becomes really worst.There are landslides,road blockage.Overall it becomes totally unsafe to travel to Tawang.

2.If you include Tawang you wont be able to cover within 9 days all places you have mentioned.Tawang itself will take 5-6 days-Tezpur-Bomdila/Dirang-Tawang-halt for 1 day-Dirang/Bomdila-Tezpur/Guwahati.

3.If possible avoid monsoon.Oct to April is the best time to visit.

Edited: 6:36 am, May 07, 2013
Mumbai (Bombay...
Level Contributor
41 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: North East tour

In addition to what Remi K. has stated, Kazranga is closed in June. No point going there.

Tezpur, Assam, India
5 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: North East tour

Hi,

Warm greetings from 7sneTourism.

Please mail or call us of your interest .

Regards

7snetourism.

7snetourism@gmail.com

www.7snetourism.com

10. Re: North East tour

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:19 am, November 09, 2014