We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hotel or B&B w/in few blcks to 1 Riverside Plaza, Columbus

Richmond, VA
Level Contributor
39 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
Hotel or B&B w/in few blcks to 1 Riverside Plaza, Columbus

Looking for a nice hotel or B&B to 1 Riverside. See Courtyard Marriott, but they are asking $189/night w/out breakfast...anything better? Thx.

Bloomington, Indiana
Destination Expert
for Bloomington
Level Contributor
8,981 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Hotel or B&B w/in few blcks to 1 Riverside Plaza, Columbus

Pretty much any of the Convention Center (or even Capital area) hotels will be fairly close, don't know that you'll find any B&Bs that close, but if you do I would suspect they'd be in the Short North area.

The problem with the convention center area is that their rates (supply/demand) are based on any conventions going on (and their size, duration, etc.). Thus, if there is something going on at the convention center during your dates, you might be out of luck (in terms of lower costs or even available rooms). I've stayed at many of the convention center area hotels and the Red Roof Inn is the most "budget minded" (but is also one of the furtherest from your "address"). It does reasonably well on the TA rankings/reviews, but is more budget oriented; not sure if it will meet your "nice" criteria or not (as it is rather subjective/nebulous).

There's a handful of other hotels around the convention center, most are a notch or two above the Red Roof Inn, but are also nicer; both in general and in specific amenities, etc (and many, if not most, will be a little closer).

Not much on the lower cost end of the market around the Capital, but I can say that I do see Hotwire deals on (what I presume are) some of them fairly regularly. Of course, the problem with a blind site like Hotwire is you don't know what you've got until it is too late. If you decide to go this route, you need to do your research, check out sites like biddingfortravel and betterbidding, and generally know what you're doing. Also, I think most of these will be a little further than the convention center hotels, even getting to the point I would probably want to take a bus/cab rather than walking.

Hope this helps,

hlo

Richmond, VA
Level Contributor
39 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Hotel or B&B w/in few blcks to 1 Riverside Plaza, Columbus

Thanks for all of your "tips," very much appreciated.

Columbus, OH
Level Contributor
96 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Hotel or B&B w/in few blcks to 1 Riverside Plaza, Columbus

50 Lincoln B&B in the Short North tripadvisor.com/Hotel_Review-g50226-d80795-R… is the closest B&B. It's a bit of a walk but all urban & lots of shops & activity around. http://www.columbus-bed-breakfast.com/.

If walking, I'd cut over to PARK ST, then south along Goodale Park. That route will cross I-670, turn into Front, go along the back of the North Market http://www.northmarket.com/. Front St will continue past Nationwide Arena. At Spring St hang a right, 2 blocks & bob's yer uncle.

Edited: 11:12 am, June 10, 2013
Mentioned in this post
Lincoln
Lincoln
Nebraska
Goodale Park
Goodale Park
90 Reviews
Columbus, OH
Nationwide Arena
Nationwide Arena
498 Reviews
Columbus, OH
Richmond, VA
Level Contributor
39 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Hotel or B&B w/in few blcks to 1 Riverside Plaza, Columbus

Thanks for your assistance!

5. Re: Hotel or B&B w/in few blcks to 1 Riverside Plaza, Columbus

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:16 am, June 13, 2014