We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

St Pattys Day, and other watering holes......

Which Columbus hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Boston...
Level Contributor
211 posts
27 reviews
Save Topic
St Pattys Day, and other watering holes......

More questions guys, and thanks for the advise on my other posts, all been a big help in planning. I am going to be staying near the 270/ Rt 23 cross hairs. We are looking to go out for a few drinks on St pattys day, without going all across town if we have to, but want a decent scene, we are mid 30's age group. We wont be closing places, so to speak, but we like to gab with locals and have a bit of fun, any suggestions? Trying to stay away from early 20's college type places. How bout during the week too, like dinner and a beer, cool places like that as well, thanks!!!!!!!

Chillicothe, Ohio
Destination Expert
for Ohio, Sandusky
Level Contributor
3,407 posts
96 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: St Pattys Day, and other watering holes......

You'll be near enough to the Polaris area.

http://experiencethepub.com/polaris I vote this one first.

claddaghirishpubs.com/location/… Claddagh's is a chain, but still a good time.

Columbus, Ohio
Destination Expert
for Columbus
Level Contributor
701 posts
45 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: St Pattys Day, and other watering holes......

There's a Winking Lizard at Crosswoods. They're a chain out of Cleveland that has a pretty good craft beer selection and decent bar food. If you're staying at Crosswoods, you can walk to it. In the same complex there's a Champps (sports bar), Ruckmoor Pub (dive), and a new German beer hall - Wurst & Bier, I think? There are more restaurants in that complex; these are the ones I'm most familiar with because we go there after hockey games at Chiller North :)

If you head south on 23 into downtown Worthington, PK O'Ryan's is a small Irish-y pub. Decent food. Friendly service. The pub is tucked away in the back off of High St. There's a restaurant space up front which is normally only open for breakfast & lunch, but they may open it up for St. Patrick's Day.

If you head west into Dublin, there are a few places I really like.

Pint Room is a new place on 161 between Sawmill and Riverside (in the strip mall by Bruegger's). They have 100 draft beers of all types, and good food, mostly burgers. It's just been open a couple months.

At Sawmill & Hard Rd, 101 Beer Kitchen is a gastropub that opened last fall. Although not nearly as many as Pint Room, they have a good selection of craft beers. And all the food I have had there is phenomenal.

The most distant place would be Matt the Miller's Tavern. It's on Avery Muirfield Rd and is also an upscale gastropub with good beer. I love their ahi tuna flatbread.

The younger bar scene in Columbus is mostly centered around Park Street and also parts of Grandview. Most of the places I've listed should be busy, but not with a really young crowd.

Boston...
Level Contributor
211 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: St Pattys Day, and other watering holes......

Cool, thanks guys, heading there this week!!

4. Re: St Pattys Day, and other watering holes......

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:16 am, March 18, 2014