We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Columbus restaurants with Private Dining Rooms or similar

Which Columbus hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
ohio
Level Contributor
114 posts
28 reviews
Save Topic
Columbus restaurants with Private Dining Rooms or similar

I am meeting some business acquaintances in Columbus and would like to know which restaurants have small private rooms to eat in. We will probably be a party of 7. We need to discuss business matters over dinner and would prefer something private. I am open to locations.

Bloomington, Indiana
Destination Expert
for Bloomington
Level Contributor
8,444 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Columbus restaurants with Private Dining Rooms or similar

Can't give any specifics, but can make a general suggestion. If you check out restaurant oriented websites, such as: Urbanspoon, Yelp!, Chowhound, etc, you can probably find something.

I know for a fact that Urbanspoon includes a "private parties" (or something like that) as a restaurant "feature" (their term). Combine this with the other filters they offer (such as budget, cuisine, location, etc.) and you should be able to come up with more than enough options. Similarly, you can then narrow them down based on the votes & reviews of the Urbanspoon community.

Not sure if the other sites mentioned will allow you to filter based on a "private gathering" attribute, but I wouldn't be surprised if they do.

Lastly, in general it might help other (local) TA users make suggestions if you included some kind of additional criteria. Things like: cuisine, budget, etc. and, while you say you're open to locations, there are probably some that would be more/less convenient for you . . . .

Hope this helps,

hlo

Edited: 2:41 pm, March 15, 2012
ohio
Level Contributor
114 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Columbus restaurants with Private Dining Rooms or similar

I went onto Urbanspoon but couldn't find how to filter it to find private rooms. I have been meeting in Tucci's in Dublin because that has been the only one that I could find with a private room. I am now looking to try something else if it's available. I didn't mention prices because I don't believe there are that many to choose from. Because this is a business meeting I would prefer something more upscale with a good selection of American food.

Thanks for helping me out.

Columbus, Ohio
Level Contributor
311 posts
85 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Columbus restaurants with Private Dining Rooms or similar

Toro in Gahanna is has sushi and toooons of other food, Sushi En at Polaris, and Sushi Rock (sorry for all of the sushi places, they do have private dining though and most of those places have steak and chicken and even pasta too). Columbus Brewing Company has a private dining area as well, but a group of 7 isn't that many. I'm sure they would be accomodating though. If you are okay with a chain, then Buca di Beppo has the "Pope's Room" which is private and has two locations....

Cleveland
Level Contributor
10,853 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Columbus restaurants with Private Dining Rooms or similar

Check with Lindey's, a favorite of mine in Columbus. If the Terrace Room is available, perhaps Lindey's would accommodate your small group.

www.lindeys.com/plananevent/eventrooms.aspx

Bloomington, Indiana
Destination Expert
for Bloomington
Level Contributor
8,444 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Columbus restaurants with Private Dining Rooms or similar

If you look on the left hand side of any Urbanspoon "city" page it will list various attributes such as neighborhoods (their term for "location"), budgets, cuisines, feature and (perhaps) one or two other things (if it's a large city). The number that follows each of these is the number of restaurants meeting that (and only that) filter.

"Features" is the one that includes "private parties" and they show 53 for Columbus. To save you a few clicks, here's the screen you arrive at if you were to click on the link private parties (feature) link on the main Columbus screen:

urbanspoon.com/t/…Private-Parties-restaurants

You can now see the various other attributes (still on the left side) and the number of restaurants for each attribute. For example: there are 6 that serve Medterranean food, 15 are Higher priced, 5 are in the Polaris neighborhood, etc.

Also, be sure and notice that they aren't always showing you all they have under a specific attribute, to see everything you should click on "show all" (at the bottom of the attribute section).

Hope this helps,

hlo

Columbus, Ohio
Destination Expert
for Columbus
Level Contributor
279 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Columbus restaurants with Private Dining Rooms or similar

Many places in Columbus to choose from, some mentioned not just restaurants but even fast casual chains such as Panera Bread also several local theaters like the drexel and arena grand. Many more to mentione and some even have access to wifi, audio and visuals needs. Not knowing your specific needs its hard to mention as many places.

Westerville, Ohio
Level Contributor
677 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Columbus restaurants with Private Dining Rooms or similar

La Scala, an Italian restaurant on Route 161/Dublin Granville mRoad across the river from Dublin has many private room options.

Also consider that you can arrange for private room meals at full service hotels. The Hiltons at Easton or Polaris, the downtown Hyatts, or the Doubletree downtown.

Columbus, Ohio
Level Contributor
3,187 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Columbus restaurants with Private Dining Rooms or similar

Montgomery Inn in Dublin has small private rooms available, but I think there might be a small fee for it. We had a birthday party there a couple years ago, and it was very nice because you could close the doors and not hear anything from the restaurant.

Columbus, Ohio
Level Contributor
31 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Columbus restaurants with Private Dining Rooms or similar

Not sure if you've already made your trip to Columbus, but I would echo the above recommendation for Lindey's and add that Bon Vie at Easton has a circular table that is great for business meetings and would accommodate 7 people. They can also pull a curtain closed to make the lunch/meeting more private. Brio at Easton also offers a private room, closed off from the rest of the restaurant, M (Miranova) has two private dining tables, and The Wine Bistro has a private room as well.

Columbus, Ohio
Level Contributor
1 post
27 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Columbus restaurants with Private Dining Rooms or similar

I have a medical group that meets once a month for business meetings- we have to have a private room, so hopefully this reply is not too late for you! Here are my suggestions as well as price points:

Refrectory- 2 private rooms, excellent service, will go out of their way to accomodate your meeting needs. French food. Expensive- but famous for quality and service. We've met and eaten here for MANY years. Also known for their wine celler.

J. Gilberts- Crosswoods location- Have a SMALL kind of private room- good food. Moderate to Expensive. Great steaks.

Aladdins in Dublin- This is a great inexpensive place with a private meeting room in back. Great mediterranean and veggie selections too. This is in a retail shopping area- but they really do a good job.

Panera- Already mentioned "community room". Sandwiches. No alcohol. Closes early. Call for locations with rooms.

Columbus Fish Market Crosswoods location- They have 2 private rooms, but will give preference to larger groups. Reserve in advance. Expensive, but very good with lots of fish choices.

Tuccis in Dublin- Nice private room. Good service and food. Moderate to Expensive.

Hyde Park Crosswoods location- We didn't know they had a private room until recently- actually is a space that can be curtained off. Great experience, killer steaks. Expensive. Also- do not do the Dublin location. They are rigid and persnickety there.

I would reserve any of these locations in advance. Also, if going to the Crosswoods area (Hyde Park or Columbus Fish Market) expect traffic at rush hour on weekday evenings from 270 which can result in delays getting there!