We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

OSU hotels

Scotland
1 post
1 review
Save Topic
OSU hotels

Can you recommend accomadation close to OSU vet school (across river from Ohio Stadium). I have seen Varsity Inn,is it within walking distance and is area reasonably safe?

York, PA
Level Contributor
2,540 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: OSU hotels

I would highly recommend the Fairfield Inn and Suites on Olentangy Road. It is a nice, newer hotel that is reasonably priced and is in an ideal location for visiting OSU. A continental breakfast is served each morning, which is an added bonus. It is much better value that the Varsity Inn (used to be a Cross Country Inn). The Varsity Inn isn't a bad place to stay, it is just a bit pricy for what it is worth and beware that there are railroad tracks behind the hotel. I think that you would enjoy staying at the Fairfield Inn and Suites and find it to be an affordable and satisfactory place to stay. Hope this helps.

columbus
Level Contributor
979 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: OSU hotels

Ditto on Fairfield Inn. I always have business associates stay there, and no complaints. And short drive up Olentangy to OSU.

Columbus, Ohio
Level Contributor
121 posts
89 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: OSU hotels

I think it's an overwhelming quorum; the Fairfield Inn - their regular rack rate during the week is 104 during the week and 114 on weekends, as long as it's not a busy weekend involving OSU sports, Ohio High School Sports, major events at the Schottenstein Center, or Graduation.

According to a front desk agent, they often house guests who walk to and from the OSU games during the fall, so it must be relatively accessible.

Happy Trails,

Columbus Concierge