We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Exhibit at the Columbus Museum

Bethel Park, PA
Level Contributor
612 posts
44 reviews
Save Topic
Exhibit at the Columbus Museum

Living in Pittsburgh, It's been years since we were in Columbus so I would appreciate all suggestions. I have an ad from a magazine for the Caravaggio exhibit beginning Oct. 27 at the museum and my husband and I would love to see it. Could someone suggest a hotel nearby and a good place to eat? Do you know if reservations for the exhibit are necessary?

Thank you.

Columbus, OH
Level Contributor
166 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: Exhibit at the Columbus Museum

The Columbus Dispatch article from 10/16 stated that there is only one Caravaggio painting as part of the exhibition; however, the museum has just re-opened after an extensive renovation and should be worth the trip regardless.

Bethel Park, PA
Level Contributor
612 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: Exhibit at the Columbus Museum

I finally got a response to my email I sent last week to CMA ...and was informed that indeed only one Caravaggio will be exhibited. Normally, that would be enough to make me reconsider my visit but thanks to all these great suggestions, I think we will go anyway. There seems to be a lot more to see in Columbus.

Edited: 7:05 pm, October 24, 2011
Cleveland
Level Contributor
10,853 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: Exhibit at the Columbus Museum

There's also Easton Town Center in Columbus. It's one of the top shopping meccas in the Midwest.

The Ohio Statehouse also offers excellent tours of a very historic building.

Cleveland
Level Contributor
10,853 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
14. Re: Exhibit at the Columbus Museum

Finally, there is North Market (near the Ohio State campus and Short North) and Jeni's Ice Cream stores (at North Market, on High Street near Short North, and at other locations. Jeni's is ranked as among the best ice cream in the U.S. and features unique locavore flavors.

15. Re: Exhibit at the Columbus Museum

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:16 pm, October 28, 2012