We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Cheapest way to reach Troy from Colombus

pakistan
Level Contributor
175 posts
Save Topic
Cheapest way to reach Troy from Colombus

Hi,

I will be going to Troy mid-september and will land at Columbus Airport. I plan to spend a night near the airport and go to Troy next morning. What is the cheapest option available to go to Troy from Columbus.

Thanks!

Chillicothe, Ohio
Destination Expert
for Ohio, Sandusky
Level Contributor
3,580 posts
97 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Cheapest way to reach Troy from Colombus

Rental car. You could always look into a Grayhound bus though.

Cleveland, Ohio
Level Contributor
47 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Cheapest way to reach Troy from Colombus

I wouldn't advise the Greyhound. Once upon a time I had to take a Greyhound to Troy, Ohio, and the closet stop was 35 minutes away in Dayton (and I was dropped off at 5 a.m.). Save yourself the trouble and rent a car. Troy is nearly a straight shot from Columbus, and you might need a car to get around Troy.

Mentioned in this post
Troy
Troy
Ohio
Brooklyn, Ohio
Level Contributor
56 posts
184 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Cheapest way to reach Troy from Colombus

I would also not recommend a Greyhound, but for a different bad experience than previously mentioned. I've taken it once and not again. I haven't been to the Troy station, but sometimes the stations are not in the best locations/upkept very well. The bus will also take longer, not only because it is a bus, but because it may make other stops along the way to pick-up/drop-off and because the driver can only drive so long without stoping - that might not be an issue going from Columbus to Troy but i'm not sure what the rule is on how often they must stop.

4. Re: Cheapest way to reach Troy from Colombus

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 4:16 pm, October 15, 2012