We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Heading to Short North next week - Burgundy Room?

Which Columbus hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Ohio
Level Contributor
75 posts
12 reviews
Save Topic
Heading to Short North next week - Burgundy Room?

My Girlfriends and I are having a girls weekend in Columbus and would like to try the Burgundy Room. Anyone been there lately? How is the food and wine? Thanks!

Bloomington, Indiana
Destination Expert
for Bloomington
Level Contributor
8,346 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Heading to Short North next week - Burgundy Room?

Don't have any personal knowledge, but here's what Urbanspoon (my go to restaurant website) has to say (plenty of reviews, both user & press and overall an 88% thumbs up):

urbanspoon.com/r/…Burgundy-Room-Columbus

Then there is also Yelp and (perhaps) Chowhound and then there is always the TA restaurant reviews (but I don't know anyone for whom TA is their first choice re: restaurants reviews/rankings, etc.).

Hope this helps,

hlo

Edited: 3:13 pm, April 21, 2011
Columbus, Ohio
Destination Expert
for Columbus
Level Contributor
698 posts
45 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Heading to Short North next week - Burgundy Room?

Haven't been in for awhile, but I've always had really good experiences there. The food has always been excellent. Always enjoyed the wine flights.

Columbus, Ohio
Level Contributor
311 posts
85 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Heading to Short North next week - Burgundy Room?

Yes! I have been to the Burgundy Room a few times, and the food is always delicious!! I love that they use fresh, local ingredients in their dishes. I would also suggest the wine flights. Mmm...I might be making a trip there myself very soon!

Enjoy!

Columbus, Ohio
Destination Expert
for Columbus
Level Contributor
278 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Heading to Short North next week - Burgundy Room?

Haven't been in a couple months but I can say I've never known them to be inconsistent nor have I heard anything about them falling downhill lately.

Columbus, Ohio
Level Contributor
149 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Heading to Short North next week - Burgundy Room?

I'm a fan. I haven't been there in a few years, but their wine flights and small plates were always fantastic. A fun place for a girls-night-out. Plus, you're within walking distance of a ton of bars and shops.

If you like tea, I also suggest Zen Cha Tea Salon. It's a little further north on High.

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
2,929 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Heading to Short North next week - Burgundy Room?

We are in Columbus right now and Burgundy room is closed. We asked a waitress at a restaurant we visited tonight across the road and she said it was closed for a week now.

Sad, we really liked that place.

7. Re: Heading to Short North next week - Burgundy Room?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:20 pm, October 30, 2012