We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Ohio State Fair August 3, 2011

Cleveland, OH
Level Contributor
13 posts
18 reviews
Save Topic
Ohio State Fair August 3, 2011

OK. Just found out my daughter's favorite band will be at the Ohio State Fair. We are planning on taking her. We would be driving down from Cleveland, so could you suggest a convenient/safe/relatively inexpesvie place to stay? Is the traffic really bad during the week for the fair? We are trying to decide to stay the night before the concert and spend the day at the fair or head in the afternoon of the concert, spend the night and go to the fair the following day. Any suggestions or thoughts would be greatly appreciated as we have never been to the state fair. If it matters, my daughter is 7. :-)

Cleveland, OH
Level Contributor
13 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: Ohio State Fair August 3, 2011

I checked those 2 hotels on Olentangy Rd. They are $40-50 more per night than at Polaris. Will we sit in horrible traffic coming from Polaris to warrant the difference in price??

Ohio
Level Contributor
76 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: Ohio State Fair August 3, 2011

There are a couple other hotels right there too, so you might check them out, the ones I mentioned are just really new and nice chains. I've used a site called laterooms.com to help me book rooms before. You can have it show you rooms under some price limit that are available on a specific date and you can see them on a map.

But the traffic between Polaris and the fairgrounds should only be bad around the rush hours. The Polaris exit is big and popular, so you might have to wait a while getting off there during the evening rush. Unless there's some accident/issue it's not scary bad driving. It's a straight shot down and only 15 minutes. The exit at 17th to the fairgrounds parking is often backed up during the fair, so you'll just have to wait to get off there too.

Cleveland, OH
Level Contributor
13 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: Ohio State Fair August 3, 2011

Thanks for the info. I will look at that website. If we stay at the Polaris exit and it is really bad at 17th street to get to the parking, is there an exit that is before of after that we could use and take backstreets or does that just get too confusing.

Ohio
Destination Expert
for Road Trips
Level Contributor
8,507 posts
236 reviews
Save Reply
14. Re: Ohio State Fair August 3, 2011

stick with the 17th street exit. Some of the side streets in the area are not "good"

Lancaster, Ohio
Level Contributor
1 post
38 reviews
Save Reply
15. Re: Ohio State Fair August 3, 2011

Hillard has cheap hotels, and your not that far from the fairgrounds either.

16. Re: Ohio State Fair August 3, 2011

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11:17 am, October 21, 2012