We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Looking for a hotel close to fairgrounds

Which Columbus hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Versailles, KY
Level Contributor
41 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Looking for a hotel close to fairgrounds

Bringing some horses to show at the fairgrounds. I would like a hotel that is not too far away but far enough that I am comfortable leaving my horse trailer unhooked and parked.

Columbus, OH
Level Contributor
166 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Looking for a hotel close to fairgrounds

I know that there's a hotel (maybe a Days Inn?) right next to the fairgrounds at 17th Ave & I-71, however, I would look for a hotel in the Polaris Pkwy area. Much nicer part of town, great selection of restaurants and shopping, and an easy 10-15 minute drive straight down I-71 to the fairgrounds.

Columbus, Ohio
Destination Expert
for Columbus
Level Contributor
278 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Looking for a hotel close to fairgrounds

Which Fairgrounds are you referring ? Also if you do a forum search with keyword fairgrounds additional information will come up.

Columbus, Ohio
Level Contributor
182 posts
160 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Looking for a hotel close to fairgrounds

Greetings. I wouldn't recommend staying at a hotel within walking distance by the Ohio State Fairgrounds (Expo Center). It's just off I-71. East of 71 is an older, less desirable neighborhood. To the west of the fairgrounds is the same.

Even if you're coming just for the fair and not doing anything else I wouldn't stay there. There is a hotel close by though if you insist. I believe it is Holiday Inn Express at Ohio Expo Center.

Many people stay on the grounds in campers while they're showing animals. Some even sleep in the barns with their animals.

I would recommend staying at Easton area. It's a shopping, restaurant, hotel area on the east outerbelt of 270. Also try the Arena District downtown; it's really nice. Polaris is a shopping/restaurant district on I-71 north of Columbus. You can't go wrong with any of these. Hope you enjoy your stay.

Ohio
Level Contributor
20 posts
87 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Looking for a hotel close to fairgrounds

I agree completely with Buckmarko. There are some decent hotels north of campus on Olentangy River Road, otherwise on Route 23 just north of 270. That might (?) be closer than Easton.

Cinn, OH
Level Contributor
1,432 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Looking for a hotel close to fairgrounds

Grandson is showing his dog in 4-H at the state fair, and we are staying at exit 100 off of 71. It is a short drive to the fair.

Munich, Germany
2 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: Looking for a hotel close to fairgrounds

There is a brand new Holiday Inn Express at 3045 Olentangy River Rd. It opened in April 2010. Free deluxe Continental Breakfast,Free Parking, Free Internet both hard wired and wireless. State of the art Fitness Equipment, Indoor pool and spa.

Munich, Germany
2 posts
1 review
Save Reply
7. Re: Looking for a hotel close to fairgrounds

There is a brandnew Holiday Inn Express @ 3045 Olentangy River Rd . It is Columbus's newest Hotel. All the HIE amenities just minutes from the Fairground!

8. Re: Looking for a hotel close to fairgrounds

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:17 am, February 23, 2011