We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Need suggestions for a good restaurant near Cosi?

Which Columbus hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
WV
Level Contributor
60 posts
41 reviews
Save Topic
Need suggestions for a good restaurant near Cosi?

We will be going to Cosi on Monday to see the Titantic exhibit, is there a good restaurant nearby? I know they have a place to eat in cosi, but we prefer to eat somewhere else, and preferably not a chain. We like all types of foods and have no small children, so we are open to most cuisines. Thanks!

Columbus, OH
Level Contributor
166 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Need suggestions for a good restaurant near Cosi?

Most everyone will reply and say Spaghetti Warehouse because it's literally right next door. That place is okay, however, if you're willing to drive 10 minutes thru downtown - I highly recommend Schmidt's Sausage Haus in German Village.

http://www.schmidthaus.com/

If German food isn't your thing, check out Cap City Fine Diner. The food here is delicious. Save room for dessert!

http://www.capcityfinediner.com/Menus.cfm

WV
Level Contributor
60 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Need suggestions for a good restaurant near Cosi?

Thanks so much for your suggestions, both places looked so good, but I 'think', I'm leaning more towards the Cap City Fine Diner, how long of a drive is it from Cosi? Can you give me a general idea of the directions from Cosi to the diner? My husband grew up in Columbus, but that was years ago, and a lot of things have changed since then.

Thanks again!

Columbus
Level Contributor
210 posts
48 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Need suggestions for a good restaurant near Cosi?

I echo the post saying avoid Spaghetti Warehouse as it is just ok.

COSI is about 5 mintues from the Arena District, and about 8 minutes from the Short North, both of which are filled with restaurants. For lunch, I'm fond of Betty's in the Short North, or the North Market in the Arena district. For braekfast, it's got to be Tasi's in the Short North. For dinner, the options are endless.

For a mid-afternoon snack, stop by A Piece of Cake or Bakery Gingham in the Short North.

Columbus, OH
Level Contributor
166 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Need suggestions for a good restaurant near Cosi?

Cap City is located on Olentangy River Road, just northwest of COSI. It's about a 10 minute trip. Easiest route is to take from COSI is Town Street to Rt 315 North. Get off at the Goodale St exit, turn right on Goodale and then take Olentangy River Road north to the restaurant. For turn by turn directions I would recommend using Google Maps.

Edited: 8:40 am, June 24, 2010
Columbus, Ohio
Destination Expert
for Columbus
Level Contributor
278 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Need suggestions for a good restaurant near Cosi?

Also for a quick walk and cheap eats option you can always go with the classic Philips Original Coney Island which has been serving us columbus since 1912. I also agree Spaghetti Warehouse is okay to go to but nothing spectacular.

Westerville, Ohio
Level Contributor
677 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Need suggestions for a good restaurant near Cosi?

Consider the North Market just off High Street across from the convention center. About a 10 minute drive. The food is local, small business, artisan fare. Something for everybody. Bob's Fish Market and the Vietnamese place and the Thai are deservedly popular. If you haven't had Jeni's Ice Cream, skip lunch so you are sure to have room for desert.

columbus
Level Contributor
979 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Need suggestions for a good restaurant near Cosi?

Cap City is no great shakes and way off the radar, waz up, does this guy work there or something? Definitely head to German Village or the Short North.

Binti

columbus
Level Contributor
979 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Need suggestions for a good restaurant near Cosi?

Oh, and the shrimp parm at the Spaghetti Warehouse is pretty darn good! With salad and bread for $12 something, very tasty for that price point :)

Columbus, OH
Level Contributor
166 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Need suggestions for a good restaurant near Cosi?

Binti, your recommendation of a dish at a place where everyone else deemed "just okay" and a confused sense of direction really isn't doing you any favors in the credibility department.

tinybear, take confidence that you've made a solid choice in Cap City and that it's by no means off of the beaten path.

10. Re: Need suggestions for a good restaurant near Cosi?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:18 am, December 23, 2010