We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hotel advice for Arena District

Central Kentucky
Level Contributor
23 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Hotel advice for Arena District

Could use some advice on hotels in the Arena District. Would like to be able to walk to bars and restaurants. Thanks!

Columbus, OH
Level Contributor
85 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Hotel advice for Arena District

There aren't any hotels that are technically "in" the AD, but there are a couple that are close.

The best for walking to a variety of places would be either the downtown Hampton Inn, which is located across from the convention center, or the Hyatt Regency, which is adjacent to the convention center. Both are perfectly situated between the Short North and Arena District, which have plenty of nightlife.

www.hamptoninn.com/en/hp/hotels/index.jhtml…

…hyatt.com/hyatt/hotels/index.jsp

Other nearby options include a Courtyard by Marriott, Drury Inn, Residence Inn and Crown Plaza. (For the record, I do NOT recommend the Crowne Plaza. I stayed there in the fall after a friend's wedding, and the service is horrible.)

Columbus, OH
Level Contributor
166 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Hotel advice for Arena District

I agree with AmbieE's suggestion's above. All depends if you're looking for cheap accommodations or being close to the bars. All hotels mentioned above are in walking distance but the best locations would be the Hampton Inn or Hyatt.

Bloomington, Indiana
Destination Expert
for Bloomington
Level Contributor
8,745 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Hotel advice for Arena District

A slightly lower budget & amenities - but clean, and (generally?) well reviewed on TA, but with some recent blemishes - is the Red Roof Inn. It's just down the street, maybe a minute or two extra walk compared to the Drury, Hyatt & Crowne Plaza. Also, isn't The Lofts (a boutique hotel) right there too?

I agree that the Hampton Inn is generally the best situated for walking to Short North & Arena District, but not sure I would consider it significantly better. You're talking ~5, maybe 10, minutes difference from any of the other hotels. I'd let my budget, prices, amenities, etc. determine which hotel I selected.

That's my $.02,

hlo

Edited: 10:55 am, April 08, 2010
Central Kentucky
Level Contributor
23 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Hotel advice for Arena District

Thanks a lot everyone!

Columbus, Ohio
Level Contributor
323 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: Hotel advice for Arena District

I have stayed at all of the above mentioned hotels and in my opinion the Hamption was the nicest and in the best location. The Red Roof Inn was by far the nicest Red Roof Inn I have stayed at and would not hesitate staying there again..

Columbus, OH
Level Contributor
16 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Hotel advice for Arena District

If you're looking for a great place to stay in/around the Arena District, then take a peek at "THE LOFTS"

http://www.55lofts.com/

I've stayed here several times and have had a great experience each time.

7. Re: Hotel advice for Arena District

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:26 am, November 12, 2010