We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Skybus

Cleveland, Ohio
Level Contributor
210 posts
10 reviews
Save Topic
Skybus

Everyone here has great reviews. My question is! This is the very first time I'll be using Skybus. I'll be flying from Columbus to Kansas City on January 31, 2008. I get into MCI at 1:20. I have a connecting flight that leaves at 2:05 P.M. going to SLC. Does anyone have any feedback as to if this itinerary is too close for comfort. Does anyone know if the terminals are miles apart? Is the baggage pick up slow?

Columbus, Ohio
Destination Expert
for Columbus
Level Contributor
757 posts
46 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Skybus

You might want to x-post this to the Missouri forum, since folks there will be more familiar with the KC airport.

I flew Skybus into KC last month. It gets into Terminal C, which appears to be the forgotten terminal at MCI. Appeared to have no stores or restaurants or anything. I think Frontier is the only other airline to use that terminal.

It's a pretty small terminal. Baggage pickup is on the same level as arrivals/departures. We got our stuff pretty quickly, although Skybus was still on the late schedule to KC, so they weren't busy at the time. Dunno if that terminal ever gets busy, though.

I didn't have to go to the other terminals since KC was my final destination, so I'm not sure how far apart they are. There was a bus that came to take people to the rental car facility; I'd assume they also have a bus for getting to the other terminals.

Cleveland, Ohio
Level Contributor
210 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Skybus

Thanks CincySwords, but I do have a question about Skybus being late. How Late?

Columbus, Ohio
Destination Expert
for Columbus
Level Contributor
757 posts
46 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Skybus

Oh no, I didn't mean the flight was late (although I think we were a little delayed getting out of Columbus, maybe 15 min)...Skybus used to do the Kansas City-Columbus route only late at night, but they've changed it to a mid-afternoon time.

Cleveland, Ohio
Level Contributor
210 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Skybus

So, do you think my flights are too close?

Columbus, OH
5 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Skybus

I would say, yes, you don't have enough time between flights. You are leaving no room for delays. Keep in mind that Skybus doesn't currently have any standby aircraft to be able to make up delays from previous flight sectors....so say the aircraft that is doing MCI also goes to FLL earlier in the day, and there is a mx or weather delay....you've already delayed the flight into MCI. Also, if your flight leaves at 2:05, they'll start boarding that bird around 1:40.....even if your flight lands exactly on time, you'll be running....also, SX won't transfer your checked bag to another airline, so you'd have to get it from the baggage claim, and then go through security screening again....not enough time at all.

Cleveland, Ohio
Level Contributor
210 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Skybus

Thanks bgaviator. I guess I could take a hit on the $35 airfare to MCI. I probably wouldn't feel like doing the OJ through the airport anyway. I'll keep the $10 return flight though.

7. Re: Skybus

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:39 am, September 12, 2009