We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hotel Near the Action

Pittsburgh, PA
Level Contributor
8 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
Hotel Near the Action

My husband and I are planning a trip to Columbus to celebrate my 30th. We want to find a hotel within walking distance to fun bars and restaurants. Any suggestions? Also, I'd like to priceline.com a room. Is there a an area/star catagory I should specify? We worked in Columbus's own Cap City Diner during it's brief stint in the Pittsburgh area and plan to stop there, as well. We miss the meatlaof!

Any Beach
Destination Expert
for Myrtle Beach, North Myrtle Beach, West Virginia
Level Contributor
9,704 posts
130 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Hotel Near the Action

We walked around the Arena District this summer. What a great area! Lots of bars and resturants and activity going on.

Columbus, Ohio
Level Contributor
3,204 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Hotel Near the Action

There are 2 areas that I think would work for you, and both of them are near Cap City locations. The first is the Arena district, as mentioned above. However, Priceline lists the entire downtown area, and you could get a hotel that is not within walking distance. The Arena district is only about 5-10 minutes away from the Cap City on Olentangy River Rd. The other area that would work would be Easton, which is also a Priceline area, and any hotel you would win there would be within walking distance of many nice bars, restaurants, movie theater, comedy clubs, and shopping. The Cap City near Easton is also about 5-10 minutes away, just off Morse Rd. in a shopping center.

Pittsburgh, PA
Level Contributor
8 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Hotel Near the Action

Thanks for your help - we appreciate it:)

Columbus, OH
Level Contributor
86 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Hotel Near the Action

Don't stay out by Easton - it's practically in the suburbs, and is really just a big mall.

Instead, opt for either the Arena District or the Short North. There's a Hampton Inn right on High St that is in between both, actually. The Short North has TONS of restaurants, bars, boutiques and art galleries. If you're here on the first Saturday of any month, you'll definitely want to check out the Gallery Hop. All of the stores and galleries stay open late, and lots of people come down to bar hop and check out the art shows.

Here's the address for the Hampton:

501 North High Street

Columbus, Ohio, USA, 43215

1-614-559-2000

www.hamptoninn.com

Have fun!

Columbus, Oh
Level Contributor
350 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Hotel Near the Action

I've had several friends stay in the Hampton Inn and said it was really nice. Plus it is right in the midst of the action.

Columbus, Ohio
Level Contributor
3,204 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Hotel Near the Action

Everyone is entitled to their own opinion, but please don't discount the Easton area. Yes, it is a big shopping mall, but there is much more than just shopping. And, it fits your qualifications of what you want: within walking distance of a hotel, and with fun bars and restaurants. There are restaurants of all price ranges, including McCormick & Schmick, Smith & Wollensky, Ocean Club, Brio, Cheesecake Factory, the Melting Pot, etc. There is a comedy club, GameWorks, and a movie theater. Most of the better restaurants have bars, and there is also Bar Louie and Adobe Gilas. The Arena District/Short North is great, hip and trendy, but it's not the only place in town!

http://www.eastontowncenter.com/

Columbus, OH
Level Contributor
86 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Hotel Near the Action

I'm not knockng Easton - I go there pretty often, but I would hardly say that it is "near the action". Nearly everything is closed by 11. It's a great mall with some fantastic retstaurants, but not the most exciting place to spend and entire weekend...

8. Re: Hotel Near the Action

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10:19 pm, September 09, 2009