We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Planning bachelor party

Ohio
10 posts
Save Topic
Planning bachelor party

I am planning my brother's bachelor party for next month. We are going to be in Columbus for this event. Any suggestions on places to go?

Chillicothe, Ohio
Destination Expert
for Ohio, Sandusky
Level Contributor
3,589 posts
97 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Planning bachelor party

well... what are you wanting? dance clubs and bars? restaurants? or strip clubs?

Ohio
10 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Planning bachelor party

all the above.

Chillicothe, Ohio
Destination Expert
for Ohio, Sandusky
Level Contributor
3,589 posts
97 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Planning bachelor party

ok, my husband had his at a few different places. Pure Platinum was the strip club (Columbus Gold strip club is right next door as well, both outside of Dublin). Dockside dolls is another popular one.

as for party bars, Brothers in the arena district is very popular. if you have a lot of guys going, Buca di Beppo would be a good place to eat. there are several microbreweries in the arena district as well... Oshaunesee's (sp) is good.

columbusunderground.com/phpBB2/viewforum.php… is a good resource.

Mentioned in this post
Ohio
10 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Planning bachelor party

Thank you very much for your help.

Canal Winchester...
Level Contributor
1,289 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Planning bachelor party

I second going to Bucca unless you do not like Italian. Great place, loud with lots of people. Great place to go with a group and plenty of fun bars within walking distance.

My biggest question would be what type of place are you looking for....what type of placest do you usually go? Do you like high class expensive, middle of the road or hometown bar?

columbus
Level Contributor
979 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Planning bachelor party

Would not recommend (frankly I wouldn't recommend any of them!) Dockside Dolls on 161. It's been the scene of numerous fights/shootings, and is in what's becoming a very troubled area of Columbus. Sad.

Also, watch the bars around the Upper Arlington area, my husband and I refer to it as driving through "Bagdad", their police presence is...very present. Don't even think of flicking a ciggie out the window, they pull over for littering.

My advice to you is to stay in the Arena district, plenty of hijinx there, and take advantage of the good cab service there.

Cameron Mitchell's Steakhouse would be a great place for an uscale meal and martini's.

Enjoy, Binti

Mentioned in this post
Columbus, Oh
Level Contributor
350 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Planning bachelor party

Third the Arena district suggestion.

It will be totally crazy once the weather starts getting nice.

If you want lots of cheap shots go to Brother's or gaswerks. Lots of college kids there too.

The new Bar Louie there is cool.

Sugar & Spice are nice clubs.

Park Street Tavern is a nice place.

Novak's is another college kid place.

Kooma and Zen sushi are fun restaurants.

Mynt is a new dance club, and very nice.

You could stay in a hotel right there too.

It will have everything except the strip club.

Mentioned in this post
Park Street Tavern
Park Street Tavern
8 Reviews
Columbus, OH
8. Re: Planning bachelor party

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 3:30 am, August 30, 2009