We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

beechwood mall

Which Cleveland hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Buffalo
Level Contributor
105 posts
Save Topic
beechwood mall

Can someone tell me how far is the beechwood mall from the doubletree in Independence? Also is there any other good malls around the area? Thank you

Cleveland
Destination Expert
for Cleveland
Level Contributor
1,226 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: beechwood mall

I agree with London Lady about the Beachwood stores. It's really snobby and hard to get waited on if you aren't carrying a designer handbag. It's just my feeling from visiting there. I do like Legacy Village but I think it needs to grow a little more before it's really a destination. I think Crocker Park will outpace Legacy if it hasn't already. But that's off topic.

I think whomever the person was that was pushing South Park mall must be in advertising for the mall or for the Strongsville area. I live right near there and go to that mall all the time and although they are adding some specialty stores like H&M, it's really nothing any more special than any other mall and I'm surprised to hear it talked up that way. To disagree with LL however, the traffic is not bad at all and is nothing compared to Beachwood traffic.

I don't think South Park has as many stores as Great Northern does. I wouldn't count men's wearhouse as a destination for someone looking for good shopping, for example. Don't get me wrong, they are making great strides at expanding that mall and I think eventually it may be as good or even better than Great Northern, particularly once they get the Cinemark completed, but for now it's just like all the other malls in America. Just my 2 cents.

Cleveland
3 posts
Save Reply
12. Re: beechwood mall

In response to your post,Southpark is a great mall, and well be even greater when the expansion is complete. I do not work in marketing or advertising although maybe I should. I just really like Southpark mall. When I grew up I always went to Parma Town mall, or Great Northern Mall. But since Southpark opened I shop at Southpark. I have been to Beachwood Place and I was unimpressed. People were also not very nice and seemed very stuck up. Southpark is larger and does have more stores than Great Northern or Beachwood Place. Southpark also has stores that Great Northern doesn't have like Williams-Sonoma, Abercrombie, Hollister, Thomas Kincade Gallery, and more. I also don't think that the Mens Warehouse is a destination and I was listing whats around.

As far as the comment about the traffic at Southpark, Southpark is very easy to get to right of 71 and doesn't have the traffic problems like other malls do. It is very easy to get in and out of the mall.

So like I said before if you want it all you cant go wrong with Southpark Mall in Strongsville.

13. Re: beechwood mall

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 4:19 pm, August 24, 2009