We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Cleveland Clinic

Which Cleveland hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Pittsburgh...
1 post
Save Topic
Cleveland Clinic

I have trouble walking. I have never been to the Cleveland Clinic, so can you please tell me where I should stay that would have a shuttle to the Clinic. Although, I don't care if I have to take a cab. I am not coming to the Clinic for fun. Any advice you can give me I would appreciate. Thank You, Patricia Connelly (P.S. I am almost 70 years old). my email is:

patriciaconnelly@hotmail.com

Mineral Wells, WV
Level Contributor
5 posts
1 review
Save Reply
11. Re: Cleveland Clinic

Thank you so very much. I'm 48 years old and have 3 different heart conditions. The one I'm going for is a rare form of angina called, prinzmetal's angina, (or variant angina). It's a spasm of the coronary artery and only 2% of angina patients are diagnosed with what I have. My biological mother endowed us with some lousy heart history. I was diagnosed with SVT in 2003 which has been successfully treated with medication. Then I have a pacemaker which was put in 2 years ago because of Mobitz 2, (2nd degree AV Block). My son had to have a pacemaker put in when he was only 16 because of this condition also but is now 28 years old and had his 10 year pacer replacement already and has done wonderful. Matter of fact he was recently married to an amazing young woman and this took place June the 8th of this year. This Dr. is going to look at our family history and is also going to look into my son's condition to see if there are other options. I live in Parkersburg Wv and we are blessed with some great cardio Dr's. It was thought that this condition could only be treated with medicine and in 2 years time they have completely maxed me out on all the meds I can take and I have still had 2 heart attacks from this. I was in the hospital for over a week this time but my cardio Dr. found a Dr. Frederick Heupler Jr. who specializes in this condition. I was amazed they took me in so fast seeing that I was only released 3 days ago. They are doing a couple of new surgeries which we are going to discuss because he said I am a prime candidate. So we shall see. With his wisdom and with my Lord and Savior Jesus Christ I shall be a winner either way with either outcome. Your hospitality and the dear gentlemen that has been assisting have touched my heart as well as my family. I am so very happy to hear of your successful outcome. Many Blessings to you and your family and once again, thank you so very much. Diane and family.

Mineral Wells, WV
Level Contributor
5 posts
1 review
Save Reply
12. Re: Cleveland Clinic

you so very much. Everyone has been so very kind and informative.

ohio
Level Contributor
127 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: Cleveland Clinic

Another tip for you. At the main entrance off Euclid Avenue and E. 93rd there is a large circular drive where your son can drop you off, then go park the car in the E. 93rd Street garage. It's a short walk to main entrance and also has an underground walkway for inclement weather. There is also valet parking available 24/7. The underground walkway is not dark and scary. It's brightly lit and user friendly. I've walked it late at night many times and felt totally safe. There are also places to eat in the clinic all through the night. Nice option for your son and daughter in law if they are there late into the night. The clinic thinks of everything. It's like being at a five star hotel!

Cleveland
Level Contributor
10,853 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
14. Re: Cleveland Clinic

It's at least a 10-minute walk, involving escalators, from the garage to the main clinic building. In good weather, I just like walking outside the garage and crossing the street. It's faster and the crossing is very safe.

Portsmouth, OH
Level Contributor
8 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
15. Re: Cleveland Clinic

Greetings. My husband is also a patient at the Cleveland Clinic. He will be having surgery there next week on the 13th. We stay at the Cleveland Hotel Intercontinental which is attached to the Heart Hospital by skyway. It is a little pricey but worth it for the convenience. Since I will be a woman alone while he is in the hospital, I like it that I never have to get my car, park in parking garage, etc. The hotel staff there are excellent.

You can summon both wheelchair transport or a shuttle in the skyway if the walking is too much.

The Cleveland Clinic staff is lovely and very well trained in customer service. It truly is a world-class facility.

Best of luck to you in your surgery.

16. Re: Cleveland Clinic

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:15 am, August 09, 2015