We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Traveling from NYC to Cleveland OH Thanksgiving Weekend

Which Cleveland hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
None, Italy
Level Contributor
15 posts
Save Topic
Traveling from NYC to Cleveland OH Thanksgiving Weekend

I know there is a crazy amount of traffic that weekend. I am wondering if there will be a lot of traffic NYC to Cleveland. I figure its not a huge destination and the highways should not be that busy Wednesday eveningand Sunday evening.

Thank you

Cleveland
Destination Expert
for Cleveland
Level Contributor
1,192 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Traveling from NYC to Cleveland OH Thanksgiving Weekend

There really isn't any traffic here in Cleveland to speak of that can compare to that of a big city or getting in and out of one for a holiday weekend. Once you clear the greater NYC area, I'm sure it will be fine. Lingering construction will be your biggest delay - some construction is so complex on the turnpike that the speed limit goes down to THIRTY, and they ARE ticketing, so be careful.

Hope you have a safe journey.

ohio
Level Contributor
151 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Traveling from NYC to Cleveland OH Thanksgiving Weekend

My son makes the drive from NYC to NE Ohio every Thanksgiving. If you come across I 80, you should have no problem once you clear about 30 miles of NJ. The drive through PA is virtually all rural area. Be prepared though it takes him often 1-2 hrs. to get from his place through the Holland Tunnel. I assume the Lincoln Tunnel would be the same.

None, Italy
Level Contributor
15 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Traveling from NYC to Cleveland OH Thanksgiving Weekend

I live maybe a 5 min drive from the 80

None, Italy
Level Contributor
15 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Traveling from NYC to Cleveland OH Thanksgiving Weekend

When does he leave?

5. Re: Traveling from NYC to Cleveland OH Thanksgiving Weekend

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:21 am, November 21, 2014