We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Embassy Suites or Hilton Garden Inn??

Pittsburgh, PA
Level Contributor
6 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
Embassy Suites or Hilton Garden Inn??

I'm leaving for Cleveland tomorrow and already have the Hilton Garden Inn booked for the weekend. However, after reading plenty of reviews I'm worried that it may be a little isolated. I would really like to be able to walk to bars/restaurants from the hotel and feel safe. There are also rooms available at the Embassy Suites and while I understand it isn't supposed to be as nice I'm wondering if the location may be better. Would that be a better place to stay if we don't want to move our car?

Thank you for your opinons.

Cleveland
Level Contributor
10,853 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Embassy Suites or Hilton Garden Inn??

The Radisson, Holiday Inn Express, and Residence Inn are closest to the East 4th St. entertainment district. The Hyatt at the Arcade is well-located, but check when the Arcade's Euclid Ave. exit, across from East 4th St. is closed each night (it's a longer walk back to the Superior entrance).

The Marriott is close to the Warehouse District, where most clubs are located.

The Renaissance is between both the Warehouse District and East 4th St.

The Warehouse District and East 4th St. are a 5-10 minute walk from each other.

http://www.east4thstreet.com/dining

The Hilton reportedly has a shuttle (check the policy and hours of operation) and it is only about a 10-minute walk to East 4th St., but this would likely be a lonely walk at night. The Doubletree Lakeside and the Wyndham on Playhouse Square also have shuttles. The Wyndham is located in front of a Healthline 24/7 bus rapid (check the TA public transportation article for details).

If you're coming for the Rock Hall, most downtown hotels offer special packages. The Doubletree is closest to the Rock Hall.

Have a good time in Cleveland!

Cleveland
Level Contributor
10,853 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Embassy Suites or Hilton Garden Inn??

Taxis also are very reasonable in Cleveland, especially as the downtown is very compact.

Pittsburgh, PA
Level Contributor
6 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Embassy Suites or Hilton Garden Inn??

Thanks so much for your imput. I do appreciate it.

Cleveland
Level Contributor
10,853 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Embassy Suites or Hilton Garden Inn??

Here are some sites that might help:

positivelycleveland.com/includes/media/docs/…

www.positivelycleveland.com/visit/maps/

http://www.positivelycleveland.com/

Cleveland
Destination Expert
for Cleveland
Level Contributor
1,295 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Embassy Suites or Hilton Garden Inn??

I wouldn't consider either of those locations to be "better" or "closer" to the downtown activities myself. In the winter, it's a long, cold, dark walk to either hotel. I would check out the Hyatt or the Residence Inn, or even the HI Express.

Cleveland, Ohio
Level Contributor
738 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Embassy Suites or Hilton Garden Inn??

It's been about a year since I stayed downtown ... but at that time, a towncar to anywhere within downtown was a flat $5. Just have the hotel call one for you, then get the # from the driver for the ride home.

Cleveland, Ohio
Destination Expert
for Cleveland
Level Contributor
1,933 posts
164 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Embassy Suites or Hilton Garden Inn??

It should be very busy on Friday because the Miami Heat are in town (with the infamous Lebron James) to play the Cavaliers - There will be tons of people downtown for the game and many probably staying at the Hilton. Saturday night you should be able to check with hotel for local transportation.

8. Re: Embassy Suites or Hilton Garden Inn??

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:18 am, June 01, 2013