We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Cleveland Clinic

Smyrna, Tennessee
4 posts
Save Topic
Cleveland Clinic

We are having to come to the clinic for a stay of about a month or 6 weeks. We need a good map of Cleveland and some help on where a close camp ground would be. Please help us or let us know where to get help. Thanks. Carolyn Anderson

carolyn.anderson@bellsouth.net

Cleveland
Level Contributor
10,853 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: Cleveland Clinic

BTW, December almost is here, and I've yet to touch a snow shovel!!!

Cleveland
Level Contributor
10,853 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: Cleveland Clinic

My prior post says "snow mines" under Lake Erie. Obviously, I meant salt mines. Maybe some day, this region will store snow under Lake Erie to preserve our winter experience. LOL, but somewhate sadly thinking about the global environment changes now underway.

Level Contributor
21 posts
Save Reply
13. Re: Cleveland Clinic

I'm an RN at Cleveland Clinic and I know that there are resources available if you ask. Call your doctor's office and they will put you through to the right person. Also, I have heard in the past that Wal Mart allows RV and trailer parking. Not sure how true this is but something to look into. I think some hotels may allow it also. I agree with previous posts about the weather. Cleveland in March is usually pretty snow covered still and we've had some nasty storms in the past in March. The closer to the Clinic you can stay, the better. Mentor isn't a bad drive, I live there and it's about 22 miles but in inclement weather it's not ideal.

Cleveland
Level Contributor
10,853 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
14. Re: Cleveland Clinic

Again check the Accuweather link in an earlier post about March 2011 weather. Note in the right column that the average daily high is 41 degrees at the beginning of the month and above 50 degrees at the end of the month.

In March 2011, 11 of the 31 days had highs above 45 degrees, with a couple days above 60 degrees. Only five days in March 2011 had precipitation above .20 inches, and the highest was .36.

None of this is conducive to March being a "pretty snow-covered" month and it's unusual to have a snowfall of more than a couple inches in March and it doesn't stick aroung long. As I said earlier, I did not use my snow blower in March of last year, which suggests it wasn't even worth shoveling.

Can we get a blizzard in March? Yes, but in recent years this seems more and more unlikely given the global warming. Still haven't shoveled snow yet this year, which is simply amazing to me when I consider the weather when I was a kid.

As I said, I live near Mentor, in an area that is more in the snowbelt than Mentor, and I have no idea of where these impressions of our March weather are originating. I'm out hiking and doing early lawn work (if the ground isn't too wet) in March.

Again, good luck with your planning.

BTW, many Wal-Marts no longer permit overnight RVs, and certainly not for weeks on end.

Level Contributor
21 posts
Save Reply
15. Re: Cleveland Clinic

Was just trying to be helpful. Yes we have had blizzards in March, a particularly nasty one in 2008. We have also have had nice weather for St. Patty's Day such as in 2009; during which the same time frame the blizzard was the previous year. My point was just that weather in Cleveland is not always predictable. We've been very lucky so far heading into Decemeber, hopefully it continues!

Cleveland
Level Contributor
10,853 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
16. Re: Cleveland Clinic

VIP, your suggestion about having the OP's doctor calling the Clinic about lodging assistance is a good one.

It's definitely possible that we could get a blizzard in March or even early April. As you're well aware, unless the event continues during a rush hour, it will not impede traffic and will be quickly cleared.

And March is not a month when you would expect to see continuous snow cover in Mentor nor frequent, if any, significant snow storms. And I certainly remember one-day blizzards even in early April. My impression is that today's March is yesteryear's April.

In the earlier part of March, it would be more likely to have snow cover or icy conditions, than in the last couple weeks of Mentor, even though we had a cold spell at the end of March 2011.

Willoughby
Level Contributor
33 posts
79 reviews
Save Reply
17. Re: Cleveland Clinic

Check out the Cleveland Clinic Guesthouse which is on the Cleveland Clinic campus. They may let you park your RV there, (I have seen RV's there previously). Or call the Clinic, I am sure they will advise you. We have traveled to Florida in february and march and it is very doable, just watch weather reports, so that you don't get stuck in a storm. Best of luck with your appointments at the Clinic. They will take good care of you.

18. Re: Cleveland Clinic

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:17 am, December 04, 2012