We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Cleveland home and garden show

Erie, Pennsylvania
Destination Expert
for Erie
Level Contributor
209 posts
7 reviews
Save Topic
Cleveland home and garden show

Has anyone been to the new Cleveland home and garden show that is going on now? Just wondered how it compares to the one at the X-Center near the airport that they used to have.

Cleveland
Level Contributor
10,853 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Cleveland home and garden show

There still is a home and garden show at the I-X Center. It has a new name, however, because the I-X Center booted out the long-time sponsor of the Cleveland Home and Garden Show. So the old sponsor opened the Great Lakes Exposition Center in an old Super K-Mart Building in Euclid and moved their home and garden show there.

http://www.homeandflower.com/cleveland/

…about.com/od/events/p/homeandgarden.htm

One advantage of the new show, at least when I went last year, is that parking is free. It is much easier to reach as it's just a few minutes off I-90. It's much closer for those on the east side of Cleveland than the I-X Center.

Last year, when the show in Euclid was put together very quickly, they did not have full model houses, just model rooms which seemed quickly thrown together. The gardens also weren't very impressive IMO. Maybe, this year's show will be better.

There were a large number of exhibitors, many who told me that they were very happy with the business that they were doing, so I imagine all and more will be back (the following article says there will be over 300 vendors). I enjoyed the Euclid show last year, but I don't plan to return this year, nor to go to the one at the I-X Center.

cleveland.com/sun/all/index.ssf/2011/01/the_…

The I-X Center "Great Big Home and Garden Show" is in February:

greatbighomeandgarden.com/ME2/…

Both Cleveland home and garden shows IMO are pale imitations of the one that took place in downtown Cleveland decades ago utilizing Public Hall and the Convention Center....

PA
Level Contributor
101 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Cleveland home and garden show

Thanks, very helpful!

Ohio
Level Contributor
187 posts
108 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Cleveland home and garden show

The new location was bad! Very small and most of the vendors could be found at your local flea market. No homes.. no room for one. Would never go back.

PA
Level Contributor
101 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Cleveland home and garden show

OK, even more helpful! Guess I won't make the trip all the way from Erie!

Cleveland
Level Contributor
10,853 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Cleveland home and garden show

I remember several of the vendors that I spoke with last year. I doubt very much that corporations like Sherwin Williams have large displays at local flea markets, staffed by experts, but I don't frequent flea markets. I spent 3-4 hours there and got my money's worth in advice, answered questions, and knowledge.

There were national firms there selling everything from cookware to ladders.

I enjoyed the Euclid home and garden show much more than the home remodeling show, which currently is at the I-X center.

If you have specific areas of interest, look through the lists of exhibitors for both shows.

As I mentioned in my original post, there was no model home and the gardens were not very interesting or impressive to me.

6. Re: Cleveland home and garden show

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 10:35 am, November 11, 2011
Erie, Pennsylvania
Destination Expert
for Erie
Level Contributor
209 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Cleveland home and garden show

Not really sure what you are trying to say!

8. Re: Cleveland home and garden show

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 10:35 am, October 21, 2011
9. Re: Cleveland home and garden show

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:15 am, October 22, 2012