We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Which is nicer? Hyatt Regency or Marriott @ Key Center?

Philadelphia, PA
Level Contributor
169 posts
10 reviews
Save Topic
Which is nicer? Hyatt Regency or Marriott @ Key Center?

Coming to Cleveland for one nite at end of November. Is either of these hotels nicer/better than the other? Thanks.

Mentioned in this post
Cleveland, Ohio
Destination Expert
for Cleveland
Level Contributor
1,940 posts
164 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Which is nicer? Hyatt Regency or Marriott @ Key Center?

The hotels couldn't be more different in style and ambiance. The Marriott at Key Center is very modern, very nice and elegant, nice restaurant and amenities. They Hyatt Regency is in a completely redone historic building with shops and restaurants on the first floor. The rooms are on the upper floors of the historic arcade and overlook the bottom floors. It really depends on what you like. Check out the Cleveland hotels reviews on this forum for more information. Also, if the Marriott is in your price range, you may want to check out the Ritz which is attached to the Tower City - wonderful shopping and excellent restaurants! The Ritz may have some deals on the web.

Mentioned in this post
The Cleveland Hostel
The Cleveland Hostel
103 Reviews
Cleveland, OH
York, PA
Level Contributor
788 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Which is nicer? Hyatt Regency or Marriott @ Key Center?

There is also the Renaissance Hotel at the Tower City Center. I would suggest either hotel at the Tower City Center (Ritz Carlton or the Renaissance) or the Hyatt Regency. Of these hotels, I think the Ritz Carlton is the newest (built in 1990) while the other two are very old. The Hyatt is housed in an old building that was built in 1890, but was restored and opened as a hotel in 2001. The Renaissance is also on the older side, as it was built in 1918 and renovated in 2002. I think these hotels that I have mentioned are all much nicer than the Marriott, so you might want to check these ones out.

Mentioned in this post
Tower City Center
Tower City Center
252 Reviews
Cleveland, OH
Philadelphia, PA
Level Contributor
169 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Which is nicer? Hyatt Regency or Marriott @ Key Center?

Thanks for the help!

Level Contributor
17 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Which is nicer? Hyatt Regency or Marriott @ Key Center?

I would also recommend the Renaissance Cleveland (a Marriott property). It is housed in a restored train stop and incredibly cool. I think it is the oldest hotel in the city. The staff is incredible and the only thing that stinks is the parking... we valet and it takes a little time to get your car if there is an event going on. It is the only place I will stay in Cleveland, we stayed at a few other hotels and nothing compares.

Mentioned in this post
Renaissance Cleveland Hotel
Renaissance Cleveland...
1,228 Reviews
Cleveland, OH
York, PA
Level Contributor
788 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Which is nicer? Hyatt Regency or Marriott @ Key Center?

Actually the Holiday Inn Express on Euclid Ave is the oldest hotel in Cleveland, depending on how you look at it. It is housed in an old building that used to be a bank. The building was built in the 1890's and was converted to a hotel in 1999.

I have been to Cleveland and have seen the lobby of the Renaissance-it looks very nice and fancy! Hopefully the guest rooms are that nice too. We stayed at the Embassy Suites, which I did not particularly care much for. It is not the typical Embassy Suites with an atrium lobby. I think it was an apartment building before, at least that's what makes the most sense. I won't go into details about the Embassy Suites, except to say that this is one of their worst properties and that I wouldn't recommend it to anyone else.

Mentioned in this post
Cleveland (Shaker...
14 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Which is nicer? Hyatt Regency or Marriott @ Key Center?

as the above state. the marriott and Hyatt are worlds apart but both are equally nice and in the middle of a happening downtown. Both are close to entertainment, transportation and dining options.

The embassy Suites is the worst of the properties in Cleveland, but soon to remodeled as the apartment complex its located in was recently purchased.

The Wyndham and the Hilton Garden Inn have also gotten great reviews.

Mentioned in this post