We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hamilton

Ohio
Level Contributor
933 posts
14 reviews
Save Topic
Hamilton

Going to see Hamilton in July, at the State Theater in Playhouse Square Center. I’ve never been to Cleveland before. Can anyone recommend a nearby, reasonably priced hotel and eating places? Thanks so much.

Mentioned in this post
Hamilton
Hamilton
Ontario, Canada
8 replies to this topic
Cortland, New York
Level Contributor
3,698 posts
406 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Hamilton

We stayed at the Drury, which is the #1 ranked place in Cleveland and within walking distance of the theater. It has both breakfast and a light dinner, with 3 alcoholic drinks included. You easily could have dinner there for no cost at all. Parking is very pricey ($30 valet), but we found the room price to be very reasonable considering all of the included amenities. It is worth a peak for prices during your travel time.

We had 2 great dinners at The Greenhouse Tavern on East 4th street, and Mia Bella in Little Italy (driving or Uber/Lyft from downtown). I don't know if either of those would be considered "reasonable" but they were good!!

I did a forum topic of my 4 day trip, which might be helpful to you.

I'm jealous that you have tickets to Hamilton. We are hoping to secure tickets in November when it comes to Buffalo.

Edited: 8:56 am, June 08, 2018
Mentioned in this post
The Greenhouse Tavern
The Greenhouse Tavern
704 Reviews
Cleveland, OH
Mia Bella Restaurant
Mia Bella Restaurant
500 Reviews
Cleveland, OH
Hamilton
Hamilton
Ontario, Canada
Buffalo
Buffalo
New York
Ohio
Level Contributor
933 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Hamilton

Thanks so much, will check them out! Got my tickets on that stub site, hope you find great ones too!

ohio
Level Contributor
505 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Hamilton

For dinner, I like Cowell and Hubbard which is very close.

http://cowellhubbard.com/

Centerville, Ohio
Level Contributor
12,705 posts
3,232 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Hamilton

Drury is a nice property, and walking to Hamilton has advantages.

Mentioned in this post
Hamilton
Hamilton
Ontario, Canada
Ohio
Level Contributor
933 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Hamilton

Thanks for the suggestions, the Drury looks beautiful.

Cleveland, OH
Destination Expert
for Cleveland
Level Contributor
545 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Hamilton

The Crowne Plaza Playhouse Square is right across the street from the theater and often has theater packages. The Holiday Inn Express is right down Euclid Ave. about 8 blocks from Playhouse Square. For dining, I highly recommended Cowell and Hubbard but it can be pricey. More reasonably priced options include Yours Truly, Otto Moser’s, and Sung's House (Korean).

Ohio
Level Contributor
933 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Hamilton

Will check it out, thanks.

Cleveland, OH
Destination Expert
for Cleveland
Level Contributor
545 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Hamilton

Also check out Corbo's Bakery in Playhouse Square for some delicious Italian treats!

Reply to: Hamilton
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
;